found 340 vin #0R3041

-

ultanium

Reaction score
Engine is completely rebuilt, never seen a vin like this one, maybe someone can help.

Tom

I just went out to the carport & looked again, I'm pretty sure its an R, but I took pics and will post them after I get cleaned up.

Tom

IMG_20130420_192500_984.jpg

sure enough, if you blow the picture up a bit looks like a real light 76 on the end, I've seen a lot of (mostly all early) 340's built at Windsor, but not a 340 car. cool....

You know, I zoomed the picture too and you're right, its either a 76 or a 35 at the end. So 340 cars were rare out of Windsor? Is the vin stamped anywhere else on the block so I can verify the #?

Tom

Most 340 "engines" were built at the Windsor factory. I have not seen a 340 "CAR" from the Windsor factory. On the left front by where the head bolts on there are engine assembly numbers that probably start FW340Pxxxxxxxx. F=1970 W= Windsor 340 P = premium fuel. I'm Curious what are those number?

That block is out of a 1970 Swinger 340 (late build) all the 1970 Dodge Darts came from the Windsor Ontario plant, which includes the 340 Swingers. I am also looking for my original block but mine is 0R127xxx, i forget the last digits, haha

your block looks like OR304135 to me, those last two digits are really hard to see!

Thanks Randy! Appreciate all the help gang, hope we can get this engine back to its car.

Tom

lol

FW
P
Is as stated,
3205 is Thursday, May 7, 1970
0412 is the number of engines built day as of yours

Those last 8 digits are the build date and the number of the engine built that day. I know what it is, but "Rocky" asked, so i'll let him tell you the results. :smile:

interesting, I guess I haven't seen to many 340 dart engine vins. Good to know - Thanks!

That block is out of a 1970 Swinger 340 (late build) all the 1970 Dodge Darts came from the Windsor Ontario plant, which includes the 340 Swingers. I am also looking for my original block but mine is 0R127xxx, i forget the last digits, haha

your block looks like OR304135 to me, those last two digits are really hard to see!

Question. Can you get the full vin number for the car this came out of, based on what we have? My local tax office will give me owners names and locations if I can give them a vin. So would this be LH23H0R304135?

Tom

-
Back