Found a 8 3/4,but have a question

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
I finally found an 8 3/4 rear,complete with brakes and everything.The thing is,its going to come out of a 78 Dodge Aspen.What would I have to do to put this in my 72 Duster?(what mods ,oris it a direct bolt on?)The car also has a 318 with a 727 ,and he said he might throw in the drive shaft too.

I didn't think they even did 8.75 in F bodies, but I did have an 8.25 from an F body in my 67 Dart when I bought it. The perches are just a hair under 44.5" inches center to center, so you would need to move them in. Also, they use a leaf spring isolator setup with giant holes in the perches, but if you just get new perches when you move then you should be fine. From what I've measured an F body rear is almost the exact same as a B body size-wise. Since I didn't put it in the car I can't really say much else, but it seemed to fit fine when I bought it.

I havent gone to look at it yet,but youre right,maybe it is a 8.25.He said he needs to keep it on the car until hes done parting it to keep it mobile so it will be weeks even before I can pull it .Are these pretty strong ?(8.25)I would love to hold off for a A body 8.75 ,but its impossible(and expensive,lol)

8.25's are good for about 350+ HP , if you run a mildly built 318 you will have no problem. they will even stand up to a 340 auto or a 360. A posi is even stronger than an open rear.

8.25's are good for about 350+ HP , if you run a mildly built 318 you will have no problem. they will even stand up to a 340 auto or a 360. A posi is even stronger than an open rear.

Mines a 360 and not too built up ,but it doesnt sound all that mild.I didnt build it,but Im not going to be rough on it(daily burnouts,taking it to the track,etc)
Besides,here its alot of points taken off your license for exibiting speed,so I have to be careful ,lol
I want the engine and the car to last so ill mostly drive it casually.

-
Back