Found a cheap Big Block stroker....

-

Mark Nixon

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
But it's a Big Block Chevy. :(

Did a trade deal on the thing, (no heads or induction) figuring it was worth the difference for the starter, FluidDampr and the aluminum valve covers, until....

I pulled the pan, Eagle H-Beams and a high-tensile forged crank with mile-long arms, plus a roller cam in the .800" range.
Also has a bore size approaching 4.50".

Don't know the actual specs on everything, but I suspect that even as used parts it's worth something more than I traded to get it.

Too bad the block's froze broke, fixable, but broke.

How does a person find out a crank's stroke?
The pistons are at zero deck.
Can I measure the distance with the piston at bottom dead center to get the length of stroke?

Mark.

Figured it out, the crank's a 4.50 stroke.
With the 4.48 bore size that makes it a 572 inch Mountain Rat. :hmph:

Why couldn't it be a Mopar one? :sad2:

Mark.

That is one big mother of a motor Mark. Those internals have to be of some use to someone.

Depending on how good they are, I may know of a couple of guy's that might be interested.

Jack

Jack, I'm told that the engine had "only a few lake runs" on it, it was in a boat.
Pulled the front main cap and #6 rod (usually #6 looks the worst) and they hardly have any scratches in them.

I'd put it for sale on here, but being it's a non-Mopar piece, there's really no place to advertise it here.

Mark.

Send me a price on the shortblock... these jet boats sure love cubic inch...

pics!

DSCI0001_8.JPG

DSCI0003_5.JPG

Send me a price on the shortblock... these jet boats sure love cubic inch...

When I lived in Ca in the late '70 early '80 we were into the jet boats. Mine had a 455 Olds in it but the Chevy guys couldn't get enough big blocks to work with. I imagine it's different now with all the aluminum blocks and such, but the internals are still the same. You think a car with a big block is a kick, try some of those jet boats with blowers, turbos, jet stacks....etc...them suckers fly...

-
Back