found a different color.....

-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
well for some time now the wife and i have been casuallly looking for another car. she wanted another mopar. i can't argue with that! so we just looked here and there.....last week we hit on a car that she and i liked. it is a 1971 dart swinger. it is a 318 car with a few suttle differences. i am learning as i go on this one. it has rimblow wheel, chrome wheel well mouldings ,and rocker mouldings. black interior w/black vinal top. it is very unmolested. still has it's original small bolt pattern rallye wheels with drum brakes. 8 3/4 rear w/ 3.23 open gears. it is numbers matching with 2 build sheets. it still has the fender tag on it and is a california emmisons car. it is a 3 owner car. it was bought in colorado and spent 34 years there. the original owner ordered it new in its color specificly. he owned it until 2005. he died and left it to his son. he sold it to a guy in fla, who repainted it and sold it to me. it came with alot of paper work dateing back to the original owner including the window sticker. the best and most different thing about it is he ordered it in gy3 citron yella (curiouse yellow plymouth). i don't think i have seen one in this color before or at least in a long time. my wife really loves the car and color. just gotta make room in the garage for it now! here are some pics.....

front.jpg

interior3.jpg

engine.jpg

trunk3.jpg

Wow that is a nice one you stumbled upon!!!
Look's grrreat. Congratulations on your new ride. 7demon2 :headbang:

thanks guys! the pics don't really do it justice. the color is very nice in person, and very bright as well! it does really stand out and shout at you!

i've actually been thinking of painting my 71 that color.... it looks great...

$11,000 really isn't a bad price for something that nice.. it would definatley cost more to build it...

my 71 originally had a rim blow.. it was all scewed up and i pulled it off and a friend sold it dirt cheap on my.. early 90's so they were only bringing $150 back them.. so two summers ago i find a super clean rim blow in a 71 dart in a local junk yard.. paid $15 for it with plans of putting in my dart.. that was until i found out how much they were bringing.. i sold that bad boy for $500...

rim blow 500 bucks? man i would have never thought they were worth that much........you know after reading what i just wrote, there is a joke there just waiting to be said!!!

Just wanted to mention this. There is a 1972 Dart Swinger listed for sale in Cars & Parts magazine. "Yellow, black vinyl top, black houndstooth interior. Slant six, auto. One NC family owned. Nice $6900. www.morrisonmotorco.com or 704-782-7716 Concord, NC" Don't know any more than what the ad says, but there is a picture & it looks nice. It's a small picture, though.

Looks awesome and you don't have to restore it, you would be hard pressed to build it for anywhere near that price :toothy7:

Very nice !!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of my 70.It was a Ca emmisions car but now has been changed to a 4bbl Ede performer intake/Ede 600 carb.Woke it right up.Next up,dual exhaust.You dont want to know what I paid for this car. :smile:

What is your plans with it?
That car looks to be completely stock,true survivor.

Anyways,great car !!!!!!!!
Good luck with her !!!!

Picture 182.jpg

Picture 281.jpg

well the obviouse things are planned, duals, 4 bbl upgrade, small cam, and disc break upgrade. wife wants power steering as well. i think black bumble bee stripe would be nice. maybe the 340 scoops? it will develope as it goes......not a true suvivor in the sense it has it's original paint, but it is pretty unmolested beyond that. i even got the colorado license plates with it that were on the car. it was bought at north glenn dodge in colorado. they are even still open today....

7demon2 said:
rim blow 500 bucks? man i would have never thought they were worth that much........you know after reading what i just wrote, there is a joke there just waiting to be said!!!

yea and the one i sold need a new horn and needed to be redone to be show worthy... redone ones are bringing over $1000.. believe that crap.. thats crazy..

abodyjoe said:
yea and the one i sold need a new horn and needed to be redone to be show worthy... redone ones are bringing over $1000.. believe that crap.. thats crazy..
man i never knew that!!!! 1000 bucks! geeze, i have never really looked for those wheels before. i think i will start looking now though!

7demon2 said:
man i never knew that!!!! 1000 bucks! geeze, i have never really looked for those wheels before. i think i will start looking now though!

lol.. allot of guys don't realize that they also came in darts..:)

:thumbup: :lol: Thanks. (I feel stoopid now)

Sweet car man. I like that yellow.

oldvart :coffee2: LOL

-
Back