Found a donor for a 360 :))

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Hi,
I haven't post for a while, did not had time to work on my Dart ... too busy around the house ...

But I finally found a donor for a 360 !! :headbang: I am really happy about that.
It is a Dodge Magnum XE 1978 ... with a body in very bad shape, paid 350$. Will remove drive train, and other good stuff. I should get around 200$ at the scrapyard for it, they pay 140$/ton ... that thing is theoricly not far from 4000lbs. So it will be a cheap 360/727, but the guy told me the trans is bad.

This is when we arrived ... a 25-30 feets drop from the road, on a 100 feets approx. slippery slope... Let the fun begin :D
DodgeMagnum78-2.gif

Actually went much better then we tought ... a chance we had a 4x4 though. Took about 2h, to remove the from is place, tow it, and load it on the trailer.
DodgeMagnum78.gif

Frame is rusted so bad that we jack it to put inflated tire on the back, it bent (I think)...
The car was not started for the last 5 or 6 years. Back home we have put a battery in it, hit the key, and the engine turned !!! Not stick, the starter, the electric windows (slowly but still), the radio, still work ... now we will changed the oil, put prestone, gas and try to fire it. !!!

DodgeMagnum78-2.gif

DodgeMagnum78.gif

Ahem, about that Magnum.

I'd like to know if there's anything on it that salvageable.

Can you PM me?

Nice job! But yeah, maybe you can salvage parts, sell them. Maybe you can actually profit some and make others happy too that need parts from the mag. I go to a local scrap metal yard to find stuff and it sucks watching usable stuff go. :wack:

Good score. Around here they literally charge to scrap a car. Remove the battery and gas tank as well as the tires. Haul it in with a title and then pay $10.00.

Seriously...............

I am happy for you, I love a fresh field Mopar!

khughesprime said:
Nice job! But yeah, maybe you can salvage parts, sell them. Maybe you can actually profit some and make others happy too that need parts from the mag. I go to a local scrap metal yard to find stuff and it sucks watching usable stuff go. :wack:

Of course I will try to save every part I can. Like the hood looks to be in very very good shape, the nose does not look bad also (I have to look closer though).

But what a lot of fun, to find an old Mopar left for dead, and extend is life in another Mopar ... Oh well maybe I am going crazy also !!

-
Back