found a good parts source in WA

-

zfriedbauer

Reaction score
Hey guys while i was looking for some stuff stolen from me today, i came across an old fella with quite a few wrecked mopars in his junkyard. checked em out right before they closed, and i was amazed. this guy has hundreds of classic cars, all hidden away from view. But most importantly, he has a bunch of harder to find mopar A body stuff. some notables were: at least 2 A-body manual steering boxes, A couple fresh air vents from a duster, A stock 360 4 barrel intake, sets upon sets of classic hubcaps, a Seat cloth pattern that i know is rare, (will get pics) and a TON of Slant 6 and V8 stuff. My personal favorite was this cute little 2 door dodge that runs and is complete! too bad im broke... if anyone is looking for specific stuff for an A-body, he may have it, and the prices are good. PM me and ill go treasure hunting next time i go, or give you his contact info!

Also forgot to mention, this is eastern washington away from the ocean so theres very little rust on anything!

No C body cars that I could see but he's got a bunch of cars so one might be hidden. The mystery car was a Dart, 2 door. Unsure of the year. Slant 6 904 tranny. If its still there when I'm out of school I'm gonna get it! Lol. I'll keep you all posted if I find anything. May nab it and resell it so it doesn't get crushed...

Hate to be a stickler; but there's not any notable rust here either, unless your within a half-mile of the ocean, the real one, not Puget Sound..

Hate to be a stickler; but there's not any notable rust here either, unless your within a half-mile of the ocean, the real one, not Puget Sound..

Agreed. I've lived within a mile or so of the Sound for more than 20 years. You have to worry more about moss than rust.

But that moss can be a killer.

My Barracuda spent a large chunk of its life right near the Sound and it's pretty much rust free.

Ok that sounds fair. I've heard the rain is a car eater. Now how does moss eat a car? XD

:D

I was mainly being facetious, but...moss can hold a ridiculous amount of water. A little moss in the drip rail of a car that sits outside all the time can develop rust underneath. It's just a big sponge that traps moisture and doesn't allow it to drain off or dry out. Obviously, this isn't a big issue for people who keep their cars clean or parked in a garage, but it can be trouble for cars being stored outside, uncovered, long term.

Years ago, I saw a 1987 Diplomat for sale that looked super straight, but it had moss all over the roof and hood. On closer inspection, I noticed that the drip rails had almost rusted right off the car - probably because the moss held rainwater against the sheetmetal for years. The roof was totally shot.

So I'm sure the rainy climate here has claimed more than it's share of rotted floors and trunks and the like, but it's nothing like cars that are driven on salted and sanded roads in the winter in snowy areas. I've seen cars in NY that were rusted so badly the door skins were flapping in the wind, with rocker panels like Swiss cheese.

Would they have any fuse boxes for the 1974 Plymouth Valiant handy? I live in Denver and my main car is the 74 Plymouth Valiant. Even though I am trying to do some restoration on her, I still gotta get her out in the winter and drive her around to work. I need a replacement fuse box that is intact with no damage (if possible). Please let me know. thanks!!

saw this old satellite recently here in wa state.
if you look closely you can see moss growing all over the body panels.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 146
Wow. I would've never once guessed that moss could be so hard on Cars. I'm gonna go back up here sometime again next month. Responded to all PMs. Got an Intake, a gauge bezel and a fuse box. Let me know if you guys are looking. Still looking for duster stuff myself.

-
Back