Found a house!

-

JR

Pissed off senior member.
Reaction score
Well after loosing one bidding war, looking at a few places that look nice online but turned out to be ex crack houses we found this one...

http://s636.photobucket.com/albums/uu86/autoideas/house/?start=all

It needs some work but it has everything we are looking for. Storage, garden stuff for Nikki, fully fenced yard for Frankenmutt to run around like a crazy little cattle dog (and maybe a friend for him after we move...watch out Ross, there may be 2 of them after you!), level paved driveway, parts storage in the carport and a 4 car garage!

It is a bank owned foreclosure that we are putting a full asking price bid on today and with any luck we can close in 3 weeks. It needs the carpet torn out (stinks like dead cats inside), new chimney, windows, the fence replaced and some drywall work.
My brother in law is a contractor, Nikkis dad is an ex contractor, her brother does custom hardwood floors in Aurora,CO so we may fly him out here to help. It's going to suck when we first move in but we can handle it! We are trying not to get excited but it is too late for that, we already drew up a map of where we are going to put everything.

4 car garage = 770 square feet!, I can't wait to set up a corner for painting!

100_5595.jpg

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but the garage isn't big enough. You should know that by now. EVERYBODY ALWAYS NEEDS A BIGGER GARAGE!!!

You mean you found a home for the car.be sure to have it inspected and I mean a good inspection.

You mean you found a home for the car.be sure to have it inspected and I mean a good inspection.

You better believe it's getting inspected. I want to know how old the roof is and being a bank owned house there is little to no info on this place. It was a rental the last time it was lived in so we will have to get the septic tank pumped and checked. We don't want gross weird peoples turds everywhere if the works get all gummed up.

Funny thing is Nikki was sold on the place before I was.

Sorry to be the one to tell you this but the garage isn't big enough. You should know that by now. EVERYBODY ALWAYS NEEDS A BIGGER GARAGE!!!

Yeah, we looked at this place then went to look at another, I walked in the garage and said "this place sucks the garage is too small" then Nikki pointed out that it was the same size as the one I have now.

It looks like it has a lot of potential. Good luck with it.

I'm trying to sell my house and buy a bigger one as well. We found a 3000+ sq. ft ranch on 1.5 acres with a Morton Building, and two, two car garages.

Looks like a great place! I'm jealous of the garage. Both moy cars are crammed in and I have no place to work! By the way, did you ever wonder what the Scamp looks like with the torsion bars all the way out?:toothy7:

P1030908 (Large).jpg

P1050982 (Large).jpg

P1050968.jpg

OOOOHHHHHH and where are all the other pics?!?!?!?!?!?! You got the motor in, is it running?

Don't forget to tack weld in the upper balljoint on the driverside.

Nah, not running. I decided to change the valve springs and I need help with that. I bought the matching ones, just waiting for the right motivation. I also need to resolve my header clearance problems. Got a manual steering box to put in then I'll move the motor around a bit. Passenger side is riding on the torsion bar. Here's a few more:
Nice Hijack, huh? :)

P1030836 (Large).jpg

P1030837 (Large).jpg

P1030839 (Large).jpg

P1030845 (Large).jpg

P1030843 (Large).jpg

COngrads on the find JR!

Hey Red, love your carb linkage adapter. Kind of like what I did. Going Lokar cables or the like?

COngrads on the find JR!

Hey Red, love your carb linkage adapter. Kind of like what I did. Going Lokar cables or the like?

Yes, I have a Lokar cable. The cable came with the car and the adapter came with the carb so I'm not sure they're 100 percent comatible yet. I'm a rookie at this stuff.

We decided that house hunting sucks!

The house with the 4 car garage actually sold back in August!!!! The knob licking posting agent never took it off the market, it still had an MLS number and a lock box on the door! Our agent along with her broker reported them and last we heard someone got their *** chewed!

We have put bids in on at least 5 other houses and have come back with nothing for various reasons until now!

I haven't even seen it in person because I am in Utah and Vegas until the 16th so Nikki and I have been faxing and emailing all the papers back and forth and they accepted our offer tonight. When I get home next week I will be going strait from work to meet the inspector at the house.

http://www.redfin.com/WA/Renton/18236-SE-136th-St-98059/home/249316

Hey Ross, get ready for the road trip to Usk, WA for that 57 wagon when I get back and then set up the garage so we can paint!!!

dude I love the new place...so much land to build a REAL shop! The one bathroom is gonna be tough...once the little J.R.s come out to play!

Good luck and Aloha!

Looks great JR. I like the deck and the big back yard.

I'm not sure but the deck may need some work. I think I will rebuild the little deck above the garage and connect it to the current deck. The dog will love the yard especially after we get another dog for him to play with...and attack Ross :snakeman:

Ha! Good Luck!

btw just saw your last line(signature)...so true....

Aloha

lol nope that wont happen! it's been taken care of lol.

Franks new dog friend will like me, I swear! I have no idea why Frank doesn't though I never did anything to him.

Cool beans dude!

-
Back