Found a new project.

-

Badart

Reaction score
Well I'm not going to buy the 74 valiant. Instead I found this 73 dart it is a factory 318 car. I ran the vin and it's a Dart Custom or Dart Swinger. I have not seen the car (just pictures) He has just under $4K in the rebuild including bodywork, 5K mile 318 longblock, headers, new flowmaster exhaust, accel distributor and other things. He is moving out of state and needs to get rid of it. He has slowly dropped his price over the last couple of weeks. I offered him $750 and he reluctantly said come and get it. Looks like the backspacing is a little off on the wheels in the back and the 3" exhaust is overkill, but looks pretty good. Driving down to pick it up in the morning. The car does start and run, but it knocked out a freeze plug, so hopefully the block is fine. Just what I need, another project. I will post more pics tommorrow.

Dart.jpg

Dart2.jpg

Dart3.jpg

aaaaa that back spacing is perfect I like that look......750 you stole it........good find

Well I'm not going to buy the 74 valiant. Instead I found this 73 dart it is a factory 318 car. I ran the vin and it's a Dart Custom or Dart Swinger. I have not seen the car (just pictures) He has just under $4K in the rebuild including bodywork, 5K mile 318 longblock, headers, new flowmaster exhaust, accel distributor and other things. He is moving out of state and needs to get rid of it. He has slowly dropped his price over the last couple of weeks. I offered him $750 and he reluctantly said come and get it. Looks like the backspacing is a little off on the wheels in the back and the 3" exhaust is overkill, but looks pretty good. Driving down to pick it up in the morning. The car does start and run, but it knocked out a freeze plug, so hopefully the block is fine. Just what I need, another project. I will post more pics tommorrow.

after you pick it up please send me your mask and gun im looking for a car

Is the Utah State Prison still just outside Salt Lake City? 'Cause that's where you need to be after that deal!!! You stole that car for $750. Great find!

I feel like it is the day before Christmas. I just talked to guy again to make sure we still have a deal. I have to get up super early. It's about a 2 hour drive and I am meeting him at 8. I'm not even sure of most details of the car like the interior or anything. The body work alone is well worth the price. He told me the trunk and floor pans are solid. I plan on pulling the engine and tranny asap to check for damage and replace the freeze plug. I want to get it running asap. Can't wait.

John, I have decided we need to quit telling everyone about the cars we are finding and the deals we are getting. Pretty soon, everyone will be heading out here. lol.

Good find. I also saw that car and was thinking about making an offer. Glad you got it.

John, I have decided we need to quit telling everyone about the cars we are finding and the deals we are getting. Pretty soon, everyone will be heading out here. lol.

Good find. I also saw that car and was thinking about making an offer. Glad you got it.

I know. People out here don't realize what they have. I figured you had seen it. I don't think I can get hurt too bad for that kind of money. I will bring it by and show you tommorrow. Will you be at work?

Yep. I will be there. 8-5 tomorrow. I may be gone for a bit to get the Duster registered. woohoo! Sounds like we'll have a couple A-bodies running around soon. Have you seen the purple Dart Sport out in Richmond?

Great find! Good Luck! Don't forget to bring some Pepto Bismol with you 'coz this guy is gonna have some real Heartburn over his loss!

c-stripes and 74prostreet- i want to meet you guys. i'm in the same area as you. i know of some other mopars around town, but i'm sure you've already seen them. you two seem to know all the hiding spots.

GTS, When and where? It's always cool to meet new mopar fans.

Also, I saw the Dart. The car looks good. Should have no problem getting it going soon. Great score.

I would say you are HIGH scorer on the best deal pin ball machine :cheers:=P~

I would say you are HIGH scorer on the best deal pin ball machine :cheers:=P~

Thanks memike, I picked up the car this morning. It looks pretty good. I need alot of interior parts. The original seats are gone and the steering column has been busted by someone trying to steal it. The owner even threw in a new urethane rebuild kit for the front end including ball joints (bonus). Some of the body work looks a little shady so I will be investigating to see whats underneath. The engine looks like has only 5k miles on it like the owner said. He claims he ordered the long block through the parts store. I will pull it and replace the freeze plug. Add an aluminum intake and new carb and fire it up. I can't wait. I will add pics later.

Well here it is in primer. C_Stripes says it's B5 Blue originally. Some of the sheet metal has been replaced like behind the rear tires, but I will be sanding down all of the primer to see whats underneath. Crawling under the car it looks really solid and relativly rust free. As far as the engine goes, I am yet to hear it fire, but if the guy is honest it runs good. It does have a gm alternator installed for some reason. If you look at the rear you will notice he swapped the axle below the springs to get the tire clearance. I will be tearing into this thing soon to at least get it fired up. I will post more pics of the trunck and floor pans soon.

Dart day 1.jpg

Dart day 1 back.jpg

Dart day 1 side.jpg

engine.jpg

exhaust.jpg

Headers.jpg

Pulling dart.jpg

When you pull that parts store motor I would pull the pan and give everything the once over with your torque wrench and throw in a new oil pump. That way there will be no worries.

What color are you looking for on the interior? I have some black 73 and up 2 door panels and other black interior stuff that I will never use. I have been thinking about selling the whole shebang if someone offered enough. I will take some pics sometime today and post them later.

When you pull that parts store motor I would pull the pan and give everything the once over with your torque wrench and throw in a new oil pump. That way there will be no worries.

What color are you looking for on the interior? I have some black 73 and up 2 door panels and other black interior stuff that I will never use. I have been thinking about selling the whole shebang if someone offered enough. I will take some pics sometime today and post them later.

Good advice. Very interested in the parts. Black would be great. This one will be a driver. PM me for the price.

Hey John,

I went and looked at the cars we were talking about yesterday. I think I have a deal worked out so that we can get the dart sport. There are lots of good parts there. It has disk brakes with a sway bar. The interior is in really fair condition. Tons of good parts. He wants $400 plus the scrap cars I have. The thing is, is we can not get a title for it. It can only be a parts car. But between what I need, you need and my friend needs. There wont be much left of it anyway. I will post pics in a few minutes.
Jeremy

-
Back