Found a old lp

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
Mario Lanza my grandparents use to listen to him and others.

20221119_141736.jpg

20221119_141754.jpg

Ah, the mid 50's fuddy duddy music...where old people clung to their Euro roots. Goodwill stores are full of these record of one offs and soundtracks.

My parents had a copy of that.
As a little kid in the mid 60s my Dad would set me down with a set of headphones on and turned me on to this, he could play the harmonica perfectly to all the songs.
In the last few years I longed to hear the album again and couldn`t find anything about them, and finally discovered I needed "The" in the keywords.
I search in an online new and used album sales and bought, cheap, a perfect example, no scratch album. nostalgic memories.

In my living room. Console works (all original internals), still working on restoring the woodwork. Chair is a future project.
IMG_8356.JPG

Alan

Herb rocks, I'd play that. There was a writeup of that model, she said it was 'the right time of the month' for that photograph.

In my living room. Console works (all original internals), still working on restoring the woodwork. Chair is a future project.
View attachment 1716012801

Alan
I steel wooled a pair of old speakers with the grain and some Formby's oil on them in dark cherry. Finish with some tung oil, Came out fantastic. Good wood is a very forgiving surface.

I steel wooled a pair of old speakers with the grain and some Formby's oil on them in dark cherry. Finish with some tung oil, Came out fantastic. Good wood is a very forgiving surface.
The walnut veneer was scared pretty good, took a fair amount of steaming which ruined the original finish (not that I was going to save it with the damage).
The problem I'm looking into the opaque stain that was used, I may need to gut this down to the bare wood structure so it can be sprayed. From what I understand it is not a wipe on and rub stain.

Alan

ouch, veneer sucks. These 1956 KLH 'Six' speakers were solid wood. Only particle board was the front face where they glued in the speaker suspension. Yes, the suspension was 4 metal bars like a Tee-pee supporting the magnet and the cones were glued directly to the board. No metal basket suspension until a few years later when warranty work was breaking the bank on these direct suspension type speakers. Mallory crossovers were still good.

-
Back