Found an interesting article...

-
Very interesting.

It proves that the LD340 is still the king!!!

Data is always interesting. Just my opinion & I hate to be a buzz-kill, but there are a few points I have complaints on:

1) The first single plane listed was for a big block! The Super Victor is worth comparing, but on the opposite end of the spectrum in application. Mopar M-1 small block, Holley Strip Dominator, Torker II, and/or other older brands/models would have been good single plane representatives, if available.

2) They didn't include the more common Thermoquad OEM intake. They are suppose to work very well.

3) Some intakes were as-cast while other had some mods. Not "apples-to-apples".

4) The "Stock Iron 360 2V" intake is a Throttle Body/Fuel Injection intake. Not applicable in any way.

This was an interesting comparison as well.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/mopp-0108-dyno-testing-small-block-intakes/

What a rip off... almost 500 for used ones as well. LMAO I think the same person just bought one on this site for $150ish. No wonder people complain about prices and mopars being expensive. If people pay that, they are stupid as ****

I couldn't agree more! !!

Data is always interesting. Just my opinion & I hate to be a buzz-kill, but there are a few points I have complaints on:

1) The first single plane listed was for a big block! The Super Victor is worth comparing, but on the opposite end of the spectrum in application. Mopar M-1 small block, Holley Strip Dominator, Torker II, and/or other older brands/models would have been good single plane representatives, if available.

2) They didn't include the more common Thermoquad OEM intake. They are suppose to work very well.

4) The "Stock Iron 360 2V" intake is a Throttle Body/Fuel Injection intake. Not applicable in any way.

Yes, I agree.

They did not cover some "out of the box" and others "with some porting mods" to do a complete comparison.

I also have many different intakes in my stash that they didn't test and would be interesting to see how they compare.

Makes one wonder why they quite making it.

I said the same thing to Edelbrock on the phone once, and they claimed that the performer is better...

I knew that was BS and told them that they should bring it back, people will still buy it...

Very interesting.

It proves that the LD340 is still the king!!!

The article said the Performer RPM would make more power though due to it's better design.

Intakes are like cams, it's all about application. I would like to have seen how the Weiand X-Celerator stack up, IMO a very good intake for stout 340 sized engines.

Agree 100%.
This article is very misleading. Going off their average flow (which is questionable) one would believe the Performer is much better than the RPM Air Gap, which are not even close in real world performance.

As said earlier, its all in the application.

This article was written to sell manifold porting and flow testing by Hughes. There is really no useful info here aside from 8 similarly shaped and sized runners will flow the same on his bench. Nobody can create the physics going on in any intake manifold. It can be simulated with some very expensive programs and a ton of empirical info being taken and inputted. Otherwise - none of this means anything at all except Hughes thinks he knows more an is way up on the rest of the world. Don't even wipe your *** with this one - it's liable to give you paper cuts and Hughes will be the only place to be able to address them as they are most familiar with that area of the body.

-
Back