Found out my Dakota R/T moves pretty good

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
Reaction score
Have had my low mileage 98 R/T for a little over a year. Previous owner gave her a few bolt on mods. Bought it cheap because of bad pinion bearing and water pump & finally fixed her and started driving it a little recently. Felt pretty peppy but didn't get on her hard until today ( old 5.0 mustang pissed me off) & I must say WOW. This thing moves for a truck. Need to get her to a test n tune. Anyone else have a dakota r/t on here.

Oldschoolcuda

I've had 2 Club Cab's, a Red 99 & silver 01, the '99 ran 13.60's in full street trim on street tires, the 01 was stock. The 99 was a money pit, I paid 25k for it new and spent another 15k making it how I wanted, I got the 01 when the 99 was getting a bit much to drive everyday.

They are cool trucks but very expensive to modify, if I ever get another one it will be a std cab '98 in Blue or yellow, if the right garage queen every pops up for sale I'll probably get it.

Here's a pic of the wife's 2000 R/T.
Hypetech programer, Flowmaster, K&N filter and a throttle
body spacer. Moves pretty good.

our dakota.jpg

Bought it to fix and then sell but the more I drive it the more fun it is. This truck handles great to. It does have programer,cold air setup, transgo shift kit & magna flow muffler & converter.

Oldschoolcuda

I have a 1 of 135 98 Intense Blue CC.
Shaker, bags on the rear and 83 Supra seats. Tows really good.

P9152019-1.jpg

Mines not a dak but it's the same motor. My 98 Ram SS/T 5.9L mines stock butg I blew the doors off a tuned up mustang V6 5 speed once.
DSC00524.jpg

this is funny. My wife had an SLT Durango we ordered with a R/T performance package. We had it a little while when a younger kid pulled up beside us with an R/t Dakota. So naturally we had to try em out. After a few short bursts he motioned us to pull over and started explaining why he could not out run a SLT model. I let him talk then raised the hood and showed him we had the same R/T performance package. We B/S ed a while and left.

-
Back