found this duster

-

Optik

Reaction score
found this duster the other day. its in a chained-in fenced yard so I couldn't get great pics. looks like its a 73-76?? also it has a sunroof and the vinyl top is the snakeskin grain. Also two-tone paint, is this factory? its got some old 14" cragars on it and it looks like it might have been hit a little on the driver side front, its sitting kind of funny in its resting spot. bucket seats and automatic trans, but can't tell if its a v-8 or slant. rust present on lower quarters/rear wheelwells but the chrome is decent and none of the glass is broken. Anyone want to throw out a value I should offer if I can find the owner?
-Tim

Attachments

• IMG_1595.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_1597.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_1598.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1599.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_1596.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 510
Looks like a complete car if the powertrain's intact. Start insanely low, the space or cash may more important than the car. I picked up my 73 Swinger for $700 after starting by offering the guy $500. you can always barter up, damned impossible to back down. Good luck, keep us posted.

~Sae

nice body, sunroof, in a fenced in yard? hmm tread lightly talk to him about the car first ppl get pised off when you ask to buy it and show only the sale as an interest if it had a v8 id offer 800 if it ran id offer 1200 if i had it. thats just me though

The main problem is that its behind an apartment building in a less-than-safe part of town. not the type of place where you just go knocking on doors. Any suggestions on tracking an owner from a license plate number?

Looks like it may need a lot of body work, but it also looks like it may have the upgrade front seats, so it may have other goodies as well. It would be real good if you could find the owner and ascertain the ability to purchase it. Then you could take more pics and come back.
I might also start out at $500, that's more than junk price, and see what happens. To get a possible max, I would want to know if it has an engine, tranny, disc brakes, what rear end, rust under the vinyl top (especially at the A pillar), condition of floor pan, trunk pan & rockers, and title. Are you buying a parts car or a car to fix & drive?
Good luck, and report back!
C

The main problem is that its behind an apartment building in a less-than-safe part of town. not the type of place where you just go knocking on doors. Any suggestions on tracking an owner from a license plate number?

Do you know a friendly cop that would maybe run the plate for you?

Looks like a '73 or early '74. If it's not rusted out, It would be worth fixing. Maybe it's a 340 or 360 car! See if you can get down low and see what rear end it has and if it has a front sway bar. Naturally the VIN will answer the question. Price will depend on condition and options.

74...bumper filler and 1 piece seat belts.
And you can tell it is a Cincy car.....

WEBN sticker in the window.

102.7 since 67

I would do what other have suggested. Find out the details, then Start low if it sounds like it would be nice for what you want it for.
I would like to have it.

Looks like it has been there a while, I would start at $200 because it appears to have alot of rust.
The owner might just want to get it out of his yard.
Good luck

Dusta 383 is correct..it is a Space Duster !!Reflections in the window make it hard to see.

Sunroof and fold down seat combo is neat.

Listened to EBN a lot back in the day.

neighbor works at the DMV. Going to go back this weekend and get the plate number and see if i can get anywhere with that. will update as I find anything out.
-Tim

-
Back