Four Barrel is DONE

-

Fishthatkills

Fish that kills
Reaction score
This forum is mostly used when folks are having trouble, I have used this resource many times in troubleshooting and in gathering info!

I want to at this time tell you all of a success! This awesome community of Mopar nuts has helped me greatly! I have done a four barrel conversion from a BBD two to a Carter AFB, with a 68 stock four barrel iron intake. The things I have learned from this endeavor all came from this site! From gasket installation, to carb rebuild kit, to the final wiring of the choke, came from folks that know thier stuff. I just wanted to thank everyone who responded, who read my post (even if you laughed) and to Joey for making this site available in the first place.

Thank you thank you!

Best Regards'
John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

Attachments

• Wanda's new Lungs.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 255
.....................Nice job.........r u going to hook up the kick down linkage?,,,,,i guess u need the rite 1 thou.....kim............

Yes I still have to fabricate a throttle cable bracket and then decide if that's worth the effort, or go and spend the money and do the Lokar throttle and kickdown combo deal! It sucks that I can't use the stock configuration anymore, cause it was working great. This pictur is old really as I have changed out the filter to a metal one, and reconnected the vacc advance and choke wire. It's never simple is it?

John B.

One other thing, I will be getting a new fuel inlet, going to use a banjo style with metal inlet!

What you see in this picture is used to get me going for the moment. I will post a completed finished pic with air cleaner and all, maybe this weekend!

John B.

Snake, believe it or not that came from O'reilly's auto parts, it's aluminum and seals just fine! The steel original was unuseable after 43 years, So I tried this one. I did polish it a bit but they come new looking great!

John B.

Dam,you've gone this far,let's finish the linkage off right with the factory linkage.
What is the car, 3 on the tree or floor shift ?
What linkage parts do you have now ?
You probably need a 4bbl rear bracket and a kickdown rod.
I can probably help.

Great;It's really nice when things work out!!!

Hey Johnny Dart, The car is a 67 Cuda fastback! The one in my Avatar. 3 on the tree! It would be awesome if I can keep it factory! All depends on the cost of course! If you got some parts let me know. I do have a Hot Rod Round-Up the first week in April that I am shooting to make here in Austin!

PM me if you want!

John B.

Here are some reference .

PM sent.

Attachments

• faucet pics 831.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 132
  • faucet pics 833.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 126
  • faucet pics 834.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 161
Damn That looks AWESOME, Super clean! My kickdown and cable bracket look nothing like that! Where did you get those?

John B.

-
Back