frame connectors

-

pushrod

70dart 340
Reaction score
Can anyone help me with info on frame connectors for my '70 340 swinger?
Currently replacing quarters, tail panel, etc. and would like to install connectors while it is down.
Thanks

Mopar Performance has them, Competition Engineering, also Mancini Racing has them. (many others out there) You could make your own for a fraction of the price! You can buy bolt in ones or weld in ones. :thumbup:

If you buy them even if they are bolt in one's weld them in anyhow, because the bolts won't stay tight from the body twisting.

I bought a MP pair recently from Mancini Racing for $105.00. They were the bolt in models but I ended up just welding them in. You`ll have to remove your mufflers to drill for the rear connections if you choose to bolt them in.The emergency brake cable will have to be moved slightly as well. Measure from the center of your front wheel to the center of your rear wheel for your wheelbase. You can do a search right here on this site for FRAME CONNECTORS and you`ll probably get plenty of info to help you out. Good luck!

I used the MP ones. Ther were ok. They actually hit the floor pans at the rear frame rails so They didnt fit tight against the frame rails. The Scamp will get home ones from 2X3" square stock and tide in to the rocker panels though.

pushrod said:
Can anyone help me with info on frame connectors for my '70 340 swinger?
Currently replacing quarters, tail panel, etc. and would like to install connectors while it is down.
Thanks

I got the bolt in ones that mopar makes from Summit about this time last year they were having a sale 99.00,of coarse i welded them in and removed the e-brake, the connector covers the hole where it comes through the cross member,other then that they went in like a dream.....

I made mine also from 1X2 thick wall tubing I got at the local welding shop. Cost me $26 total. Only took about 3 hrs. to make and install also. It's a breeze. I also redrilled out the hole for the parking brake cable so it could pass through and still be used rather than eliminate it.

-
Back