FRAUD ALERT. Let me give you a warning.

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
There is some scum bag using this forum, replying that he has brake, suspension, A body parts for sale, using pictures of mine saying these are what he has for sale.

How i found out about this, the idiot sent me one picture of a disc brake set up that i posted for sale, quite awhile ago.

Sad to say, fraud is being attempted on this site, and don't really know if others may have experienced this.

Just make sure your dealing with a reputable person, here on these A, B, C, E, body web sites.
Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:

I neglected to say that this has occurred at my e mail address, by somebody going thru this forum looking up previous parts pictures that members are selling, or have sold.

Last edited:
You click the navigation button then trash

IMG_1804.png

IMG_1805.jpeg

Last edited:
There is some scum bag using this forum, replying that he has brake, suspension, A body parts for sale, using pictures of mine saying these are what he has for sale.

How i found out about this, the idiot sent me one picture of a disc brake set up that i posted for sale, quite awhile ago.

Sad to say, fraud is being attempted on this site, and don't really know if others may have experienced this.

Just make sure your dealing with a reputable person, here on these A, B, C, E, body web sites.
Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:

I neglected to say that this has occurred at my e mail address, by somebody going thru this forum looking up previous parts pictures that members are selling, or have sold.
Sorry to hear this is happening but this site and most of the internet is open to the world. Anyone anywhere on the planet can view your sale thread and capture the photos.

Last edited:
I don’t buy from anybody who hasn’t been on the forum long or posted a bunch. Wanted ads beg for scammers to reply. If you’re not sure ask for a pic with today’s date (written on a piece of paper next to the part). Some forums won’t even allow you to post an ad if the pic doesn’t have a date in it.

This site and the others owned by Joey are the best run Mopar sites. The moderators and Joey do an excellent job of weeding out the scammers, provided they are reported to them. Usually the scammers don't last long on the sites because of the owner and the moderators, as well as the loyal members. It's been posted many times about the "Report" button at the bottom left of the posts, it is there so that if you think the post isn't for real you can notify people.

Last edited:
The "Report" button is my second favorite button next to the “like” button. I haven’t been using it lately, really no need, that’s a good thing.

Moderators have kicked crooks off the site in the past. Report to moderators if someone is trying to scam ppl....

While scrolling on FB, I came across this. The thumbnails looked awfully familiar … they’re from this site. I recognized the 8 3/4 housing and center section from two different guys one here.. looks very suspicious since his FB marketplace history shows everything before this was priced in currency that’s not in the US. Items not shown in that screen shot are black high back buckets, seat brackets, black door panels, seat belts, ring and pinion, rallye style cluster from a duster, and a window motor..

Just be vigilant out there

IMG_9884.jpeg

While scrolling on FB, I came across this. The thumbnails looked awfully familiar … they’re from this site. I recognized the 8 3/4 housing and center section from two different guys one here.. looks very suspicious since his FB marketplace history shows everything before this was priced in currency that’s not in the US. Items not shown in that screen shot are black high back buckets, seat brackets, black door panels, seat belts, ring and pinion, rallye style cluster from a duster, and a window motor..

Just be vigilant out there

View attachment 1716301481
RustyRatRod gave me a heads up on this this morning. That first Pic is my 8.75 rear out in my shop.
Maybe if We start putting our phone #s on our pics we get little more intrest !! I guess they can screenshot anything on the net. Buyer beware !

Jim V.
hemi71x

EDIT:

Not gonna lie, the work you do to your parts is pretty damn good. I don't blame them for stealing your pictures.

RustyRatRod gave me a heads up on this this morning. That first Pic is my 8.75 rear out in my shop.
Maybe if We start putting our phone #s on our pics we get little more intrest !! I guess they can screenshot anything on the net. Buyer beware !
It would definitely would put a stop to people shop lifting people photos… maybe a name and date or something… some sort of ID. I bought a center section from a guy on here who’s also selling the one that’s listed in that possible scammer’s ad..the location and name didn’t match the person I bought it from. “There’s something rotten in Denmark”

I wouldn't post any personal information for the world to see. (that's why we have PM's) Scammers and spammers would love it if you would.

It would definitely would put a stop to people shop lifting people photos… maybe a name and date or something… some sort of ID. I bought a center section from a guy on here who’s also selling the one that’s listed in that possible scammer’s ad..the location and name didn’t match the person I bought it from. “There’s something rotten in Denmark”

red x gif.gif

-
Back