FRAUD ALERT. Let me give you a warning.

-
I bet the scammer scumbags on FB sites are moving to our sites now. Scammers are bad there unless the guy that mods that forum stays on top of it all!

I wouldn't post any personal information for the world to see. (that's why we have PM's) Scammers and spammers would love it if you would.
Exactly.

But a watermark would work. I've run into this in the past when I've sold-off some rather expensive audio gear, and I've learned that a watermark splashed across my picture(s) works wonders to allay Buyers fears against potential fraud.

What is the best way to not have the pics stolen and again somewhere else? Couldn’t they photoshop our marking out?
On the watermarks I've used in the past (similar to this one I just swiped of the interwebs), it all depends on the picture. I imagine it would take a lot of work to Photoshop this image, but of course I could be wrong.

Watermark.png

I look at all of this much like I do a home security system: If the Bad Guy is determined enough, you're not going to keep him out. But for the casual thief, it just makes your neighbor's place more appealing.

What is the best way to not have the pics stolen and again somewhere else? Couldn’t they photoshop our marking out?
Probably not. It would take forever. @Ddaddy is the only guy I know that could.

Probably not. It would take forever. @Ddaddy is the only guy I know that could.
Mike , I just reported an add , maybe you where alerted. But this is a perfect example of what I like to tag "watch" just to see how it evolves.
O message
0 feedback
O anything in 3 years.
Makes me think these guys say
Hey I gonna get on this site and see what idiot I can ripoff.

Mike , I just reported an add , maybe you where alerted. But this is a perfect example of what I like to tag "watch" just to see how it evolves.
O message
0 feedback
O anything in 3 years.
Makes me think these guys say
Hey I gonna get on this site and see what idiot I can ripoff.
Thanks. And a huge price. You should have gotten a message back. His zip code and IP address matched his signature info. He looks legit so far.

Yes I got a message back. I watch these type adds just to see if they ever sell here. Usually don't.

Yes I got a message back. I watch these type adds just to see if they ever sell here. Usually don't.
I am watching that as well. Someone will make a comment about the high price and up to the top of page 1 goes the ad for a free bump. Another reason why Joey doesn't want or allow comments on sale threads. :thumbsup:

On another Mopar forum I was apart of, you were required to put your screen name and the date on all 4 sale item pictures. We should really consider that, otherwise you get this non sense.

You can put a name and date on any picture and that won't make it legit .

Could do like the politician's and say
" This is AL and I approve this message "

We did it on a piece of paper held in the photo. Sure someone could still Photoshop, but it would help detour from pic stealing and reposting on here and FB

Yes I'm seeing that one Facebook and various place with a piece of paper. Try to place it so if you cropped the picture, it would crop your part too.

Some I see with their name and phone number. Like was said before, that's probably not great idea. Even your screen name over the picture would mean the person selling it would have to have the same screen name for it to make sense.

Anything with watermark is a deterrent. There's millions of parts on internet. So if you put watermark, a crook will just move on to the next picture.

I could just change something like this to autoxcuda 3-4 times for a for sale ad picture:

Copy of IMG_1762.JPG

Last edited:
I've requested that from sellers and no complaints. I've also reciprocated that.
On another Mopar forum I was apart of, you were required to put your screen name and the date on all 4 sale item pictures. We should really consider that, otherwise you get this non sense.

Sellers need to put something on their for sale pictures.

I've seen people on Facebook put their name and ph# or a date.

This Instagram page Mopar enthusiastic (@mopar_parts_garrage) • Instagram profile is stealing your images off of SITE'S RIGHT NOW !!!

View attachment 1716301144

View attachment 1716301145
I saw a new phone commercial where you can take a pic of 2 people, the camera holds the image, and you can stand there by yourself and have a second pic taken. The camera will blend the pics for a group shot.......It's just a matter of time before this gets abused.

How much frickin technology does the human race need? :BangHead:
I saw a new phone commercial where you can take a pic of 2 people, the camera holds the image, and you can stand there by yourself and have a second pic taken. The camera will blend the pics for a group shot.......It's just a matter of time before this gets abused.

I came here to suggest the same thing. A group that sells machinist tooling has the same rule, and it seems to work quite well.

-
Back