Free 225 stuff in California

-

human13

LuckyChucky
Reaction score
Howdy,

I have a 1972 Plymouth Gold Duster. The original 225...well, let's just something bad happened. There is a gaping hole in the block the size of a softball.

There went my daily driver.

I would have to say the rotating assembly is questionable at best (although that is one stout looking crankshaft - you can look through the hole and see it). Valves, pistons, flywheel, cam...who knows.

However, the manifolds, oil pan, fan and pullies, carburetor, linkages, bracketry, and so on are still good to go.

The engine's out, as I now have a 340 lined up, but the mechanic who took the 225 out (in San Bernardino Californy) is wanting me to get it the heck off his property as its been there for many many months now.

My original thought was to try to sell parts on Craig's/Ebay, or at the Pomona swap, or the one I just learned about at California speedway, but I really think that is going to be too little return for a big investment of time that I'd rather use for other things.

I'd rather just give (yes, that means free) these parts to someone who is a 225 enthusiast, and needs them, and will use them, as I will not, nor do I have a place to keep them even if I wanted to.

Anybody local to LA and Inland empire (as I'm not shipping anything), if you need parts like this, respond to this post to arrange pick up. Serious folks only. I don't want to drive to San Berdoo and wait for a no show (although I guess I can just make arrangements with the mechanic by phone).

Anybody can take this stuff, although I would rather it be someone who needs parts for a project. Whatever. You know what I mean.

Best case scenario is that somebody takes the whole kaboodle, although I can understand if they wouldn't want the block. I've got to figure out to get rid of that thing.

So, if you can haul it, the mechanic has an engine hoist to lift it.

I'm keepin' my 904 though.

Chuck C.

California

Is this stuff still available? I'm in Ontario.
Mike {Edited by staff: Only gold members can post their phone #'s

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see other Socali /6ers!

if anything is left i may be interested any chance of pix?

so you still have this stuff?
Lol, I doubt it Dude, this thread is 7 years old............... and the profile panel shows 2 posts. I doubt the OP will see this as He doesn't appear to be an active member, but You
could click "reply" on the original post, He'll get an alert & possibly an E-mail.........................I'd look elsewhere for whatever tho'

Hell yeah that would help can I go this weekend and pick it up thankbyou
May have to work this Saturday so the morning would be ok, or Sunday afternoon since I have an Inland Mopars car club meeting until 1ish.

May have to work this Saturday so the morning would be ok, or Sunday afternoon since I have an Inland Mopars car club meeting until 1ish.
That sounds good I'll go Saturday moorning let me know ur address and time frame and I'll go thank you very much

I'm looking for a crank for my 1967 b body , i was researching the cranks and i think the crank
3830099 from a later year has a bigger rear hole on the crank so i can install my later tranny with a lock up
if anybody knows if I'm on the right track, give me a heads up

I'm looking for a crank for my 1967 b body , i was researching the cranks and i think the crank
3830099 from a later year has a bigger rear hole on the crank so i can install my later tranny with a lock up
if anybody knows if I'm on the right track, give me a heads up
Well I picket up the 225 from Limedust70 on Saturday.The person from the original post never got to me. I'm slowly tarring the engine apart haven't really looket at the crank but I'm thinking of rebuilding it. I'll let you know if the number match or what I see. And I wouldn't be able to tell you if your info is right I'll keep in touch

Anybody passing thru Sacramento that needs 1974 slant air cleaner & emissions vacuum parts can have them for free. PM me. Probably also have the engine brackets (spool-type).

-
Back