free 273

-

mygasser

Reaction score
i know some don't like the smaller 'small' blocks but here in the uk none are common so when a free complete 273 was offered up on a forum here and only 50 miles away i had to have it. apparently it's from a 68 a100? will that still have solid lifters and adjustable rockers? it also comes with a good 67 up v8 radiator for free too, the guy's losing his storage in london so he's clearing out bigger parts that are not easy to move. i'll see what else is up for grabs when i go there in a couple of weeks, lol.
neil.

i know some don't like the smaller 'small' blocks but here in the uk none are common so when a free complete 273 was offered up on a forum here and only 50 miles away i had to have it. apparently it's from a 68 a100? will that still have solid lifters and adjustable rockers? it also comes with a good 67 up v8 radiator for free too, the guy's losing his storage in london so he's clearing out bigger parts that are not easy to move. i'll see what else is up for grabs when i go there in a couple of weeks, lol.
neil.
68 and 69 should have a hydraulic cam with non adjustable rockers.

Agree, with the caveat that "Here in the U.S." the 273s switched to a hydraulic valvetrain in '68. In the U.K. I would assume it's the same, but you know what they say about "assuming"... :)
Even so, I would snatch that puppy up, too!

Agree, with the caveat that "Here in the U.S." the 273s switched to a hydraulic valvetrain in '68. In the U.K. I would assume it's the same, but you know what they say about "assuming"... :)
Ya, we have a hard enough time keeping the US info straight.

By 1968, All A100's went to an LA318 (hydraulic cam) here in the U.S. You may want to check the casting and stamping numbers on that engine to verify what size and year it is.

-
Back