-
Status
Not open for further replies.

GT 64

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Cleaning out the garage and I have a power steering gear, pitman arm, idler arm, centerlink and tierods from a 1975 Plymouth Valiant. I used the control arms and brakes on my 64' Dart and these were left over. I don't know the condition of the steering box but all the joints feel tight. I live in Florida about 1 1/2 hours below Orlando so if someone can use these parts, you can have them free. One thing I'm looking for is an electronic voltage regulator to go with the 75's alternator so I can put it on the 64'. Anybody interested? Also, from the 64' Dart, it originally had 1 torsion bar a .85 right side and a 1.03 left side. These are also available very cheap. $10 for the small one and $20 for the big one.

Last edited:
v8 or 6 center link?
I believe it was a 6cyl. but there wasn't an engine or trans in it. The rear was a 7 1/4" and I'm not sure if they put that in the V-8's or not. If you know how to identify the difference let me know.

The 6 and 8 centerlinks in 75 were the same.
Thanks. Just remembered I also have a set of 318 bare heads I don't need. I believe they are the 2843675 heads and are listed for 68' thru 74' 318. I'm not sure if they have hardened seats and they would need to be rebuilt. $30 for both.

Left torsion bar still avail?

Cleaning out the garage and I have a power steering gear, pitman arm, idler arm, centerlink and tierods from a 1975 Plymouth Valiant. I used the control arms and brakes on my 64' Dart and these were left over. I don't know the condition of the steering box but all the joints feel tight. I live in Florida about 1 1/2 hours below Orlando so if someone can use these parts, you can have them free. One thing I'm looking for is an electronic voltage regulator to go with the 75's alternator so I can put it on the 64'. Anybody interested? Also, from the 64' Dart, it originally had 1 torsion bar a .85 right side and a 1.03 left side. These are also available very cheap. $10 for the small one and $20 for the big one.

Ahhh, left side is 1.03 I see again! Any pics (how are the adjusters, clips and seals?)
Bars only.

bars 012.JPG

bars 011.JPG

bars 013.JPG

could I use the steering parts to convert a 65 Barracuda from manual to power?

could I use the steering parts to convert a 65 Barracuda from manual to power?
I don't think so. I believe the wheelbase is wider on the 67' and up A-body and I'm not sure if the power steering gear would fit.

Was wondering if you still had the torsion bars. I was down and Sebring and forgot to contact you. I just looked at the picture and was wondering why the bars are different lengths.

Was wondering if you still had the torsion bars. I was down and Sebring and forgot to contact you. I just looked at the picture and was wondering why the bars are different lengths.
Still have them. They're the same length. Optical illusion. Camera angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back