Freedom

-
K

krabysniper

I got this e-mail and I thought it was pretty good, would love opinions, I do not know whether true or not, but did not care, I still liked it for what it says.

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in
California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming
people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how
people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and
fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them
also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at
yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several
people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha. He said when
she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin
the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up and touched the
pin, and said proudly," Yes, I always wear it
and probably always will."

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to
stop
bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi. A gentleman
standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's
shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice
to the Iraqi woman: "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like
this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY
country and accuse a check-out cashier of
bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that had you been this
outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But,
hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly,
I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can
straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in
MY country to avoid."

Don't like it in this country...Go back to your own...If she said something like that in Iraq, they'd cut her tongue out...

My father was in the 2nd Marine Division in WWII. He made three beach heads (Gaum, Guadacanal and Boganville) and survived to have ten children, of which, of course, I am one. I presently have three nephews who have proudly served or are presently serving this country, risking thier life so this woman can voice her opinion. The least she could do is respect the sacrifice this young man has made. What a b**ch! :angry4: She needs to be deported as the first tenet behind becoming an American Citizen is to PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS COUNTRY AND THIS COUNTRY ONLY. Can you imagine what would happen to an American citizen on Iraqi soil commenting on what a bunch of religious lunatics they are? They're killing each other over whether they are sunni or shiite, while their dictators get rich on oil, but their dictators and religous leaders are telling them it's the American's fault that they're destitute! They act like a bunch of first graders when the teacher leaves the room! Freedom has never been free, nor has it ever been instant. These people can't handle making thier own decisions. If they could, they could be one of the richest nations on earth.

OK, I feel much better now! :brave:

thats a true A$$ email, glad i wasnt standing there with my wife, she woulda knocked her teeth out.. and all i would have done was LMAO!

You just can't please everyone! You hear them all cry please come help us! We are being murdered,or slaughtered or mistreated by whoever Saddam ETC! Then when we get there they all gripe because somebody gets hurt! I am just about ready to say the hell to all of them.The truth never gets reported,you don't hear the things that are done right during a war or conflict,all you hear the media say is everything negative! Why not report some of the good things that happen like this story!

http://www.wtv-zone.com/Mary/THISWILLMAKEYOUPROUD.HTML

Semper Fi

Bobby

1969340dart said:
You just can't please everyone! You hear them all cry please come help us! We are being murdered,or slaughtered or mistreated by whoever Saddam ETC! Then when we get there they all gripe because somebody gets hurt! I am just about ready to say the hell to all of them.The truth never gets reported,you don't hear the things that are done right during a war or conflict,all you hear the media say is everything negative! Why not report some of the good things that happen like this story!

Semper Fi

Bobby

HOLY MOLEY!
he's a freakin' terminator

Good on him!

1969340dart said:

Semper Fi

Bobby
Sent this to everbody I know with more than 6 functioning brain cells. This is the true story that needs to be told instead of all the whining and hand wringing like we got out of Nam. Thanks man, you made my day.

You are very Welcome,and my hat is off to every Veteran of the Military and the fine Americans serving in the Various branches of the Military now! In my book every one that served in the Military is a Hero! and Especially the Vets from the Viet Nam Era! I get sick and tired of hearing all the bull$&^% that the media puts out! If they want to report what is really going on put on a flak jacket and get beside the Marine,Army Ranger,Navy seal or just plain old Grunts and go on the missions with them day in and day out.They will soon see what is going on.There are some media people that do get out there and some have been injured or KIA reporting the truth.But when the truth gets to the top people that run the media! They only want to report the CRAP not the TRUTH! Well I better stop and not get to aggrivated or my blood pressure will rise! Again hats off to every VETERAN whoever and wherever you are!And god Bless all our Military persons serving now. :salute: :salute: :salute:

Bobby Dodson

i had a similar discussion at work about how the war was good vs bad. i was for the war of course we need to avenge our fallen people and stick up for ourself and stop these terrorists, everyone else is no the war is bad they dont want us there, we should just leave and i tell them, this is what happened during first gulf war and yes i know our mission was not to get hussain which i had to explain again, if we dont stop it know it will only spread and become more of an issue. it just really ticks me off so many people are against bush and the war :cussing: i did find one kid at work who was for republicans and the war i was pretty happy about that so we discussed why the war is good, at least someone would listin and understand my view point

-
Back