-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gag_Halfront

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
A dude agreed to buy my 440 then backed out of the deal after I had the motor pulled and in my truck for delivery. :banghead: :wack:

I have NO place to store this motor and I need it out of my truck. Somebody make me a fair offer, please!

The motor is a later model truck block with the 67 guts and the 67 heads. Yes... THOSE heads. It's .060 over and the block was shaved to bring the pistons up over the deck. I actually had to fly cut the pistons to get them back down to a reasonable height. My back-of-the-napkin math says it's about 11:1 static compression with a decent cam, fresh lifters, rings, timing set, etc. I'm selling it with the points distributor, plugs, wires, water pump, and alternator and an oil pan that I think is from a B body. All you need to add are your own headers, intake and carb! You CANNOT beat this deal.

Here's the photobucket video. Click to hear it run. Sounds AWESOME with headphones. :-D This engine only has about 50 miles on it. Somebody please give it a new home.

Currently located in Chesterton, IN 46304. I'll sweeten the deal. Free delivery within 100 miles. (Why not? It's already in the bed of my truck!)

Nobody'd like to even throw out a crazy offer? I _REALLY_ could use to sell this thing quick-like.

How about a trade for a nice small block for my dart? Let's make a deal!

HemiMark,

I think what Stroker is alluding to is giving the engine a chance to set in a healthy wear pattern between the cam lobes and the lifters. It's not a question of if it will blow up or not, it's a question of how aggressively the parts will start to wear on each other.

Regardless, since the video wasn't taken of the first time the engine started, but rather a random engine start a couple weeks later (after some break-in running and a little driving) I'm not sure that any of it is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back