Fresh air breather

-
I WOULD DROP THAT THING ASAP! :cheers:
I understand how you feel, I am going to keep it nice and light
and drive her with the 7 1/4 for a year or so, She has 58.000 on her know and doing great. Know that I have my truck I can start taking the head off and have some porting dun and new springs and seals, and water pump and timing chain sence I will be there :-D clean it up and paint the fire wall and inner fenders, And new engine mounts, Fun Fun Fun, come on sunshine =P~

That 8 3/4 will be nice under Victoria,I was lucky and bolted in a d.shaft from a 73 Dart Swinger 318 auto.I changed the u-joint(7290)to bolt up to a .489 8 3/4 it was a bolt in(length was perfect,no cutting.Good Luck with the install,when you get around to it(I,ve got 255/60/15 under mine now)

trim 086.jpg

AWESOME FIND MEMIKE!!!

Here is what I would do! Paint the engine Mopar red, paint the intake red and go red on the Offy breather too! Then sand off the red paint from the Offy lettering on the intake and the breather, the sleeper look would be cool! I would also go with the factory "green" finish on that Holley carb IMO. Chrome plating the factory valve cover would look cool too, the have the breather match! I would also have the carb adapter plate done in a color to match the intake. :-D

Or you could just sell me the Offy breather, I could find a nice home up here in MN for it!! :toothy10:

Paint and chrome plating?!?!?! Sheesh 66340, sounds like you wanna put me out of work! LOL I just coated Memike's sweet old Offy intake and adapter plate last year ... give it a few decades so it can wear out a bit before he starts redoing my stuff with inferior paint products. LMFAO!!!!!

Mikey, the thing's gonna be awesome no matter what you do with it.

Just got back from my NAPA store and picked up the $47 rebuild kit and I am going to box it up and get my wife to label it tonight and get it all to yall.
I will wrap the carp air tight first Billy, before I bubble wrap and send it to ya.
chrome breather and do the adapter the same color as my intake.
Thank you Billy and Leanna.:mrgreen:
:worthles:

outside 055.jpg

zzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

That 8 3/4 will be nice under Victoria,I was lucky and bolted in a d.shaft from a 73 Dart Swinger 318 auto.I changed the u-joint(7290)to bolt up to a .489 8 3/4 it was a bolt in(length was perfect,no cutting.Good Luck with the install,when you get around to it(I,ve got 255/60/15 under mine now)

Very Nize=P~ Congrat's pettybludart :cheers: No cutting was a big +.

Just got back from my NAPA store and picked up the $47 rebuild kit and I am going to box it up and get my wife to label it tonight and get it all to yall.
I will wrap the carp air tight first Billy, before I bubble wrap and send it to ya.
chrome breather and do the adapter the same color as my intake.
Thank you Billy and Leanna.:mrgreen:
:worthles:

That sounds fine with me Memike! I'll let you know when everything gets here and keep you apprised of progress along the way. Thanks, too, for your continued business, friendship and loyalty!!! I treasure it all more than you could know.
:love7:

That sounds fine with me Memike! I'll let you know when everything gets here and keep you apprised of progress along the way. Thanks, too, for your continued business, friendship and loyalty!!! I treasure it all more than you could know.
:love7:

I thank you:cheers: and Billy , Yall know how important that 390 Holley is to me and I know by talking to Billy he is the man for the job.:thumbrig:
He knows what I need built for a nice adapter and having them both there at the same time will make it a bit easier for him. Thanks for taking care of the plate reminder :-D

It is 10'' from the top of the exhaust manifold to the top off the factory breather.
I can put 1 1/2'' on the factory breather and the gravy does not hit the hood.

So I should be good to 11 1/2'' on this modified toy I am building.
and as long as the adapter is no taller them 4'' tall It will fit.

Makes ya go haaaa new engine mount's :-D it could get tight. :-k

Ahhh Mikey, you have such beautifully manicured hands! :-D

Very cool idea Mike. I just found this thread and I'm glad it worked out. If I understand though, you are having a new adapter made like the plastic one? Sorry, it's early for me, had a bad night and I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

Ahhh Mikey, you have such beautifully manicured hands! :-D

Aren't they though :-D I had to go back and see what picture you was looking at, I thought it wa this one when I was putting pressure on the hood.
My wife sure douse :-D

outside 036.jpg

Let's not even go there on the manicure thing ... after the last couple of weeks working with the new buffer and sanding myself silly on some 30-year old aluminum 'vette valve covers, I'm gonna have to go and read that thread a few months back with all the suggestions to help Grumpus David get his hands clean for the relative's wedding!!!! LOL (Where DID I leave that bleach?? :dontknow:) I don't think I even have fingerprints now. If I have to post any pics of my hands in the near future, I wanna borrow Treva so she can be my hand model.

Mike, I'm not only thrilled to hear the stuff's on its way, I'm even happier that you decided to use UPS this time. (Remember when I shipped your manifold and adapter back, I had to call FedEx FIVE TIMES to get them to pick up the dang box??? "Oh, you canceled that shipment." The heck if I did!)

Your box should probably be here tomorrow or Friday. I'll call to let you know when it arrives. It'll be a fun project to work on!

Let's not even go there on the manicure thing

Oh yes we do.:-D

I don't remember ](*,)

Very cool idea Mike. I just found this thread and I'm glad it worked out. If I understand though, you are having a new adapter made like the plastic one? Sorry, it's early for me, had a bad night and I'm still on my first cup of coffee.

Yes, Billy said he will put his brain on it :cheers:

Scale of my breather

Attachments

• yyyyyyyyyyyyy (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).bmp
    31.7 KB · Views: 225
Awwwwwwwwwwww isn't it cute??? I had to laugh when I pulled it out of the box ... for some reason I expected it to be bigger.

Maybe I should go watch Road House now. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwwwwwwwwww isn't it cute??? I had to laugh when I pulled it out of the box ... for some reason I expected it to be bigger.

Maybe I should go watch Road House now. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

NO Not the cute word #-o
Some times less is more and look at all the room I will have under the hood.
A good simple air horn to a fresh cool air filter box for those hot days here in Arkansas and a
better mix of air to the carb. SFM's are perfect for the /6.

I like the look of that thing. It's different.
Thank you dude, I will be moving my battery to the trunk on top of the rear end and putting a fresh air box there for some fresh air and positive air pressure at 40 mph. I will get some pictures of the new 2 1/4" exhaust system to the new muffler and exit wit a 2" tail pipe.
Here is a ruff look at what I am doing with the air horn to a fresh air box"to be fabracated"

spring and fire 031.jpg

spring and fire 032.jpg

This should work very well with my red engine
Carb is dun and just look at that set up :cheers:
Thank you Leanna and Billy I can't wait to see it all dun under the hood.=D>=D>=D>
Not to many powder coating co. would have saved me like yall did :-D
They would have just coated it and sent it back to me.
You sure was right about the breather getting blasted then polished.
I did not have to pay for coating :cheers:
Billy fixed me up with a metal adapter and set me a butterfly and chock up and it looks like he or leanna did some polishing on it too.

Thank you PHOENIX SPECIALTY COATINGS , the intake and adapter's are perfect. memike very happy :cheers:

DOMINOS 013.jpg

DOMINOS 006.jpg

DOMINOS 009.jpg

DOMINOS 012.jpg

Know this part of the engine is dun.:cheers:
Know to get the 2 1/4 exhaust installed.

DOMINOS 023.jpg

WOW that breather looks FANTASTIC!!! I cant wait to see Victoria all dressed up with that complete setup!!!

-
Back