Fresh Air Vent removal

-

BeetleDart65

Reaction score
On my 65 Dart my fresh air vents are pretty rusted out and are essentially falling apart and I'm planning on switching them out, are they pretty easy to take out? (Such as a few bolts or screws and thats it) or do I have to remove a few things to get to them?

If it’s anything like the later A-bodies, I think it’s just 4 nuts on the drivers side that you need a long extension for, and then the blower motor on the the passenger side.

Just two rods that are hooked at the top end, Small 1/4" screws hold them on from the bottom of the vent
Ez peezy.
That's driver side the passenger side you need to remove the heater box. Not bad actually. Hint take the glove box liner out. A FSM is great for this job.

Soak the J-bolt nuts in PB Blaster for several days. My car is pretty clean but they were rusted. I got them out without damaging them after soaking with PB Blaster..

Soak the J-bolt nuts in PB Blaster for several days.

Yup - X2 on this. The rods that hold the driver side box are maybe 1/4" at the most. It's real easy to twist one off if you don't give it some love ahead of time to loosen all the rust and crud. Ask me how I know...:BangHead:

-
Back