Frickin fiat!!!

-
I would find another dealership, there is no way the local Jeep dealer around here would let a vehicle out of their service department with a light on.

And I agree 4.0 straight six is one of the best motors ever built.

I really didn't want to have to post a status on a problem that started a month ago, but the saga continues. They went to change the oil pressure sensor they said was what was shutting down the motor, or at least causing the CEL, and they noticed...hey, it's a quart low after we did an oil change only 3 weeks ago. Hmmmm. I don't know exactly where that leak is as the wife took it in, I called, no return call. I thought it might be the dipstick tube fitting, it was a recall on my first oil change, but the wife said that wasn't it. In one week the part will be in and I hope this will all be done and I can re install the skid plate I took off.....because as I told the stealership....there's a leak.

Okay after 2 months of fun, it's fixed! Now the stealership knows about the part on the passengers side top of engine that develops a leak, great knowledge for the next guy but dragged my repair out quite awhile. Now somewhere in this post I mentioned that I didn't think Fiat could engineer electrical, we now have yet another electric related recall, the 4th or 5th ELECTRICAL recall. In this one the windshield wipers can develop static which when discharged can feed back into my Body Control Module and cause the windshield wipers to stop operating. The way it's been raining around here and depending when it failed, this could be bad....

Failure In Automotive Technology

sis had an 850 spider (first car, red convertible) more time in tony's shop than on the road. found burning on road a week after she sold it. My Breeze had the battery in front of the driver tire, but they gave us jump terminals under the hood. F'n computer controlled cars, any new car I buy is going to have an extended warranty because I sure as hell cant work on it unless they open the CAN buss to laptops.

-
Back