From Holley to Eddy Swap-Help needed

-

OwdKasd

Reaction score
Cheers: I am removing a Holley 600 and installing an Edelbrock 600 on my '74 318 Dart. Tech support told me to get a 1481 bracket but I don't even know where it could possibly go. Has anyone else done this swap? My main questions are:

How many wires should be hooked up for the choke? 1 or 2?

How do I hook up the Cable and Linkage for the Throttle/kickdown?

Any tips would be appreciated.

I'll post pics later tonight but here the Holley;
PICT0007-2.jpg

The 1481 Bracket is for the linkage so you can hook up your kickdown etc..once you look at it it explins itself, easy stuff.
Choke has a ground and hot wire to a switched source. I scabbed mine off the alt wire at the loom. Or you can go off the ballast resister too.
Cut off that bailing wire and find a "c" clip, you can usr a small length of rubber hose for a spacer.

The 1481 Bracket is for the linkage so you can hook up your kickdown etc..once you look at it it explins itself, easy stuff.
Choke has a ground and hot wire to a switched source. I scabbed mine off the alt wire at the loom. Or you can go off the ballast resister too.
Cut off that bailing wire and find a "c" clip, you can usr a small length of rubber hose for a spacer.
Thanks. I have a wire right there, just need to make sure it has power. Should it have power all the time when key is on?? Also, Is the cable for the throttle? or does it control the kick down??

Thanks. I have a wire right there, just need to make sure it has power. Should it have power all the time when key is on?? Also, Is the cable for the throttle? or does it control the kick down??

Yes, switched power at all times when the ignition is on.

Cable is throttle and mech linkage is the kickdown.

A little bit stuck. Here's a picture of what I'm stuck on.

How do I hook up the kickdown linkage? Should I take the Shaft off the old Holley??

DSC_0218.jpg

Is this Green wire the power for the choke??

DSC_0224.jpg

Is this large port for my PCV valve?? And should I just cap off the 2 smaller ones??

DSC_0221.jpg

this is a holley carb...but the linkage is still the same..

Attachments

• Picture 017a.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 482
Thanks Tony, I took the Part I needed off my Old Holley and hooked it up. It seems to work but may need adjustment. I just gotta hook up the choke & I should be all set. Would you say that your kick down is adjusted properly?? It looks like it would shift real late But I don't totally understand how it works.

no..it shifted just fine...but I have a lokar cable on the car now...so it is different

Okay thanks, Looking at my picture above of my Holley it looks like my adjustment was way off then. I'll get it all sorted out when I get back home next week.

Does your kickdown linkage get pulled towards the firewall when you step on the gas? Or does it push forward away from the firewall. I know it sounds like a dumb question but the owner of my car b4 me has mine rigged up kinda weird. Thanks for any help, Gerry

The kickdown should be pushed back towards the firewall as the throttle opens. There should be a gap before it starts moving, which is why there is a slotted hole and thread adjustment. I don't know what the gap should be, and it probably depends on the carb - radius arm, size of primary plates, etc. Check your factory manual.

There should be a weak spring that pulls the kickdown forward. It hooks thru the small front hole. I am confused by the spring in 70aarcuda's photo that pulls aftward on the throttle cable stud. Seems wrong, but maybe mine have never been connected right.

The kickdown should be pushed back towards the firewall as the throttle opens. There should be a gap before it starts moving, which is why there is a slotted hole and thread adjustment. I don't know what the gap should be, and it probably depends on the carb - radius arm, size of primary plates, etc. Check your factory manual.

There should be a weak spring that pulls the kickdown forward. It hooks thru the small front hole. I am confused by the spring in 70aarcuda's photo that pulls aftward on the throttle cable stud. Seems wrong, but maybe mine have never been connected right.
Thanks for this reply and to everyone else who helped out. I got My Eddy all hooked up yesterday. Choke & All is working perfectly. She fired right up and stayed running after sitting for 3 weeks(Dang truck driver job-Lol). I put all new fuel hoses & Filter on(With Clamps). I took a nice long ride and had a blast. I'm still working on the Kick down adjustment but I'll get it. She still shifts a little late So I'll gradually decrease the Gap and that should do the trick. Next up is installing my Guages. It's just a cheap Equus 8200 kit but I need to know I have good oil pressure and Temp is okay. Then it's time for tires. I'm going with BFG 2356014's.
DSC00014.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

Thanks again,
Gerry

-
Back