front brake drum problem

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Well,it all started out with a stripped lug stud and was able to cut the lug off without damage to my 5 slot wheel,but now I have 2 studs that are damaged also.So attemping to pound the crap out of the studs to remove them,I bent the **** out of the top of the drum ,so now I had to order a new drum.But i discovered that the bearing/hub does not come with the new drum,so I was able to get the hub out,but there are still 2 broken/stripped studs on there.So I put the hub on a vise and pounded the crap out of them,and I cant even get ONE out!:banghead::banghead:I dont even know where to start looking for a new hub as seem likes no one sells them.I cant wait to find a disc brake set up so i can junk these POS drum brakes,but until then,im stuck with them.Any idea how I can get the studs off with out damaging the hub?Ive even sprayed them with wd-40 and let them soak overnight ,and the damn thin gs still will not come off!!

It not the best way to do it. I have taken a grinder and grind off the head of the wheel stud and then on other side of hub cut the stud off right at the hub at beat it thru.

It not the best way to do it. I have taken a grinder and grind off the head of the wheel stud and then on other side of hub cut the stud off right at the hub at beat it thru.
I was going to do this,grinder in hand,but I decided not to since I cant seem to find another hub (locally) in case I screw it up.I may get the marbles to try it today if worse comes to worse.:-D

Just take your time and it can be done. I did all five that way and I did not destroy the hub.

-
Back