Front drum to disc master cyl conversion

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
I cannot get master cyl cap to seal ????? Anybody have this happen before? I am ready go get an aftermarket master from wildwood ....

I think you'll find you got air in the brakes, and when you release the pedal,, fluid squirts up against the bottom of the cap/seal,, and some migrates out..

To check,, have someone pump brakes a coupla times and hold the pedal down,, take the cap off the M/C, and have the pedal released.. If you get a buncha fluid squirting back,, you got air,, get the air out,, and it won't squirt against the cap..

hope it helps

No. These "squirt fluid" all over hell in there when in operation. Many, if you have a system that happens to do so, will "fountain" fluid clear out of the thing if you leave the cap off

There is something wrong with the cylinder rim, gasket, installation, warped, whatever. These caps should be pretty much sealed. The reason they have that "big floppy gasket" is so the gasket can act as an air space and the thing does not need a vent.

Buy a mastercylinder adapter and run a newer one with the plastic resivoir.

Bought the master cylinder at a local parts house and the adapter at summit or jegs

The edge of the rubber liner needs to be squeaky clean from particles of any kind to seal well. Take the rubber liner our and clean it thoroughly; often rust particles will get on that aedge and it will not seal.

Other than that, the edges maybe rusted and pitted. Is this MC new or used?

Is this the bolt on type of MC cover, or the type with the bail clip that flips up over the top? Where is the leakage: all around or in 1 or 2 spots? Does the liner have the concentric rings of collapsing rubber in each compartment? Make sure these are collpased and nested in each other to make the liner flat when it goes in the cover.

And 'yes' on the squirting all over he** and creation as normal....!

I have a some of the billet master adapters going up for sale soon.I'm just waiting on a fellow member to confirm fitment on his car with the Wilwood master.

I cannot get master cyl cap to seal ????? Anybody have this happen before? I am ready go get an aftermarket master from wildwood ....

Make sure the rim of the MC is clean.

Also, look under the rubber in the cap and make sure nothing is under it causing peaks and valleys allowing for air space.

Besides ruining your paint from leaking brake fluid (unless silicone), any leaks in the cap will allow moisture in which gets absorbed into the glycol and forms rust-heaven inside your whole brake system. Post a photo so we know what type of cap you have.

-
Back