Front end

-

Toluene56

Reaction score
Ok, so my front end has always done this upon launch.
449599221_977664174359121_6138496741674460246_n.jpg

But.. is it normal? My front end has a good bit of travel, which I sorta set up that way so it would help hook in less than ideal situations.
It does settle down and look normal down track.
449727611_977664201025785_2600727912804796684_n.jpg

This is what it looks like just sitting... Would adjusting the bars and redoing the alignment help the scary looking angle? Or since it doesn't really feel weird, just let it ride? (don't mind the speedo cable.. I forgot to pull it out.)
449720279_977663981025807_7846927992663451446_n.jpg

If you can find a copy of the Mopar Performance suspension manual (ninth edition is the last) it shows you step by step how to fix that and it will speed the car up.

You need to get a handle on that, not only is it slowing you down, it's dragging the tires causing premature wear and it's hazardous to the handling of the car.

Wow That looks a bit scary! How does it feel when You launch? Stick/Auto?

IMO you can't feel comfortable!

Wow That looks a bit scary! How does it feel when You launch? Stick/Auto?

IMO you can't feel comfortable!
honestly... it launches fine goes straight fine. But I can feel, "resistance" in handling. I believe it's gotten worse, I don't remember it being that crazy.

Auto car - 4500+ converter that launch I think was leaving at maybe 1psi of boost. No transbrake.

I'm also guessing when I swapped over to qa1 upper and lower control arms and redid the front, when I had the alignment done, they just made it point straight and called it good.

So what was the first picture taken at the launch sequence? And the first posted. Can I assume it was the first after Launch?

Or first after landing?

So what was the first picture taken at the launch sequence? And the first posted. Can I assume it was the first after Launch?
First is during launch as suspension is working and lifting the front (wish someone took video).. second is down track. Third is just static, but doesn't really show you anything.

First is during launch as suspension is working and lifting the front (wish someone took video).. second is down track. Third is just static, but doesn't really show you anything.
Really need a video of the run! Best with at least 2 cams one from behind, and or underneath and one watching trackside! You will get the best help that way!

-
Back