Front motor plate/pulleys

-

WIKD71RICK

Reaction score
71 duster,looking for input on crank pulley alighnment to water pump with font motor plate.Was wondering if anybody has machined down water pump housing on the back the thickness of the motor plate or if i have to shim out crank pulley.THANKS.

the nice part about mopar bottom pullies.... this is the bolt pattern used for all blower pullies top and bootom, so you can use any pulley spacer, bds SSI etc.

Mancini Racing has pulley spacers that work with the motor plates that they sell. You can also machine off the back of the water pump housing but it is a bit of a hassle. Either way works okay.

If the plates 1/4 inch thick machine the housing down 1/4 inch and use a good waterpump like flowcooler. Pulleys will then line up.

Machine the back of the water pump the thickness of the motor plate
plus the thickness of one compressed water pump gasket.

It's no hassle. just drop it off at your machine shop and tell them how
much you want cut off.

Mancini Racing also has the spacers but then you need to space the alternator out also. You can do it either way, just need to think about what you're doing first and make a decision.

440 Source has these...

127-1004 http://store.440source.com/Crank-Pulley-Shim-055-Thickness/productinfo/127-1004/Crank Pulley Shim - .055" ThicknessCrank pulley shim. This version is supplied in .055" (about 1/16th of an inch) thickness to allow for exact belt alignment.In Stock

127-1005 http://store.440source.com/Crank-Pulley-Shim-125-Thickness/productinfo/127-1005/Crank Pulley Shim - .125" ThicknessCrank pulley shim. These are supplied in.125" (about 1/8th of an inch) thicknesses to allow for exact belt alignment.In Stock

127-1003 http://store.440source.com/Water-Pump-Pulley-Spacer-New/productinfo/127-1003/Water Pump Pulley Spacer - NewWater pump pulley spacer. Fits between water pump and water pump pulley. This one is 1/16"In Stock

Machine the back of the water pump the thickness of the motor plate
plus the thickness of one compressed water pump gasket.

It's no hassle. just drop it off at your machine shop and tell them how
much you want cut off.
Remember you will need 2 wp gaskets,one behind the plate and one in front.

Remember you will need 2 wp gaskets,one behind the plate and one in front.

Or just use a light film of RTV and no gaskets. Thats how I did the last one, and it hasn't leaked a bit in 10+ years. I will be trying another shortly, and I hope the same proceedure works for me again.

Or just use a light film of RTV and no gaskets. Thats how I did the last one, and it hasn't leaked a bit in 10+ years. I will be trying another shortly, and I hope the same proceedure works for me again.
That works for me.If ya do use gaskets you will need 4.

That works for me.If ya do use gaskets you will need 4.

I agree. The RTV trick was from a racer that said it worked great for him. I had planned on the 4 gasket thing until he talked me into the RTV. I hope it works again. I have my pump housing on the mill now to whack 1/4" off it to help with pulley alignment.

-
Back