front quarter panels interchangable

-

any1butjj

Reaction score
I have looking for replacement front 1/4 panels for my 1975 dodge dart sport and manufacturers usually only list ones for the dusters and demons, my question is are they the same? I email one manufacturers and they didn't know. The ones i am looking at are on the link below

http://www.up22.com/duster70.htm#PL-305R/L

thanks

quarters are the same from 1970-1976 dusters 1971-1972 demons and 1973-1976 dart sports the only diffrence is theres a little square of metal that over laped onto the rocker panels on the dusters that the dart sports didint have

Are you referring to what is commonly called the front fender? (PL-305 in the link?)
Demons and Dart Sports were basically Dusters with Dart Swinger front sheetmetal. '73-'76 Darts (including Sports) had a separate header panel in front of the hood. '73-'76 Duster hoods extended to the front of the car and didn't use a header panel. That said, I don't know if the fender (PL-305) listed in the link would match up with your hood and header panel. I actually doubt the length of the fender and the slope at the front are the same. You could actually put the whole front clip from a Duster on your Dart Sport but you would need hood, fenders, grille, and bumper to make everything look and fit right.
Maybe someone here has tried using the fender only and will chime in.
If I'm not mistaken mopardrt is referring to the 'rear' quarter panel from the door to the rear bumper.
BTW, Welcome to FABO!
Dallas

hahah I just assumed he was talking about quarters and not "fenders" hahahah disregard what I said then

Are you referring to what is commonly called the front fender? (PL-305 in the link?)
Demons and Dart Sports were basically Dusters with Dart Swinger front sheetmetal. '73-'76 Darts (including Sports) had a separate header panel in front of the hood. '73-'76 Duster hoods extended to the front of the car and didn't use a header panel. That said, I don't know if the fender (PL-305) listed in the link would match up with your hood and header panel. I actually doubt the length of the fender and the slope at the front are the same. You could actually put the whole front clip from a Duster on your Dart Sport but you would need hood, fenders, grille, and bumper to make everything look and fit right.
Maybe someone here has tried using the fender only and will chime in.
If I'm not mistaken mopardrt is referring to the 'rear' quarter panel from the door to the rear bumper.
BTW, Welcome to FABO!
Dallas

hahah I just assumed he was talking about quarters and not "fenders" hahahah disregard what I said then

I was a bit confused myself until I checked the link he posted and it showed a pic of a front fender. Although being in the bodyshop business for 38 years I have heard people occasionally refer to a front fender as the front quarter. And it might be the proper terminology in Canada for all I know. :dontknow:
Dallas

It looks like you are in the market for fiberglass fenders as replacements I assume?

On the website you provided a link to it shows as being compatible with 70-76 and I think the reason that is ....is because the fender is basically "gutted" no headlight bucket,no mounting tabs for the header panel (hood latch panel or whatever you want to call it) ......which I believe is the difference between 70-72 and 73-76 fenders (atleast for dusters I know) is that the 70-72 fenders had a mounting tab on them for the hood latch support panel to bolt to where as the 73-76 fenders the tab was non existent I believe .

however a key difference from a duster fender to a dart sport fender is the wheel well opening.

if you go to google and type in dart sport and look at the images....you will notice the rear section of the wheel well swoops back towards the door.

where as if you look at a picture of a duster you will notice the wheel well is more of a half circle and is symmetrical on both sides of the wheel well.

I am not sure if you are specifically looking for fiberglass replacements or not....but you may find you have better luck looking right here on fabo's classifieds for a set of steel ones removed from a dart sport.

or you could convert the entire front end over to a different year/model if it means the parts you need are easier to find.

also I am not sure who offers them but I know I have seen them on a few cars before so someone makes them for our a-bodies.....but you could also look into an entire one piece fiberglass front end (hood and fenders and everything molded into one piece).

just wanted to toss a few ideas out there. hope some of that helps.

73 - 76 dart and dart sport only.

True. I thought I had mentioned that in my first post. However after re-reading it I see I didn't. :sign6:
And as a FYI for the original poster's future reference, '70-'72 Dart fenders use the separate fender extension on the front , and don't use a header panel (as well as some other minor differences.)
Dallas

ya thats what I get for not reading the link hahahah, I to have hered people call fenders front quarters just like some car companys called there deck lids trunk lids and so on

I was a bit confused myself until I checked the link he posted and it showed a pic of a front fender. Although being in the bodyshop business for 38 years I have heard people occasionally refer to a front fender as the front quarter. And it might be the proper terminology in Canada for all I know. :dontknow:
Dallas

thanks for all of the advice, sorry for the confusion on the thread name - I kind of showed my ignorance. I am a member of other forums that would have eviscerated a member for such a mistake, I appreciate that none of the responses went that way.

-
Back