front speaker help

-

74valiant

Reaction score
im doing a full stereo with front 6.5 speakers. i was going to put them in the front doors, but am having second thoughts because the door/window seals dont work that great even new. i dont want my speakers getting soaked... plus i dont really want to drill the door and body for wiring. any way to make these fit the kickpanels? any other ideas??

Not 6.5, but you can put a pair of 3.5's in the dash area where the original speaker is......

im doing a full stereo with front 6.5 speakers. i was going to put them in the front doors, but am having second thoughts because the door/window seals dont work that great even new. i dont want my speakers getting soaked... plus i dont really want to drill the door and body for wiring. any way to make these fit the kickpanels? any other ideas??
I thought somebody made aftermarket kickpanels for this? I cant remember who right now...Grahhhhhh....:angry7:

year one makes the aftermarket kick panels that house the speakers.

I believe they are $98.00 for the pair and $135.00 for the pair if you want kenwood speakers included.

if you need part numbers let me know and i will bust out my year one A-body catalog.

and in regards to the post about the 3.5 inch speakers in the center of the dash I was actually contemplating doing the same with my duster but I am not sure if i want to go that rough or the kick panel route.

I THINK that by having the aftermarket kick panels that they are molded to angel in slightly to accommodate for the added depth of a speaker magnet but I am not 100% on that.

if I decide to go the 3.5" dual speakers in the center of the dash I will have to do some measuring and come up with some sort of a design to bracket them in place such as drilling a couple holes under the defroster vents in the dash and bolting a plate in place that has holes to accommodate two speakers and then when the defroster vents are in place they would hide the bolts holding the plate in place.......still not sure yet what I plan to do about front speakers though lol

year one makes the aftermarket kick panels that house the speakers.

I believe they are $98.00 for the pair and $135.00 for the pair if you want kenwood speakers included.

if you need part numbers let me know and i will bust out my year one A-body catalog.

I THINK that by having the aftermarket kick panels that they are molded to angel in slightly to accommodate for the added depth of a speaker magnet but I am not 100% on that.

i have these. they look and work great. i'll send pics when i get a chance.

the only kick panels i saw were for 4 inch speakers. i have 6.5 inch

just a chime in on one i did a while back:
don't cut the kick panels. mount the speakers under the dash where you can not see on either side. dont use a housing, just the small screen like you see on rear tray mounts. there is room to put a couple of bolts and they stay up pretty good. i also put a couple under the rear seat facing the front seats behind the vinyl. you think they might be muffled but they sound really good and you don't know where the sound comes from. natually if you are one of those guys that tries to make a car sound as good as a home unit. you might not like. but no rattles, not buzing etc. sounds good to these old ears. just a suggestion on hidding. My amfm is located in the glove box. the am is hooked up to the am speaker for the orginal feel. open the glove box crank it up. when you are driving.

just a chime in on one i did a while back:
don't cut the kick panels. mount the speakers under the dash where you can not see on either side. dont use a housing, just the small screen like you see on rear tray mounts. there is room to put a couple of bolts and they stay up pretty good. i also put a couple under the rear seat facing the front seats behind the vinyl. you think they might be muffled but they sound really good and you don't know where the sound comes from. natually if you are one of those guys that tries to make a car sound as good as a home unit. you might not like. but no rattles, not buzing etc. sounds good to these old ears. just a suggestion on hidding. My amfm is located in the glove box. the am is hooked up to the am speaker for the orginal feel. open the glove box crank it up. when you are driving.
I did the same thing,put a 6x9 under dash both sides.Sounds good to me.

-
Back