Front spring bolt torque (Duster)

-

gumper

Reaction score
Any idea what the torque should be on the front spring mount on the rear springs? I'm not overly happy with my caltracs, and am going through everything to make sure they are working correctly. I've read a few places where the front spring bolt being too tight can screw things up. Right now I have it torqued to 50 ft/lbs, and seems to be loose enough. With the shocks connected I can push the rear of the car down a good 3 inches, should be able to get the 5 that's recommended if the shocks aren't on.

I've read much on caltrac tuning. I've tried both holes, lots of preload and 1/4" gap. My 60' times go from 1.72-1.76 during a day leaving off the footbrake at 3000. Tried the shocks at all settings. I went from bottom hole with the preload just touching the spring and the shocks set at 3 to 1 turn preload this weekend. The first pass was .04 quicker to the 60' and .7 quicker at the 1/8 mile. The next pass with nothing changed I slowed back down to what it was before that adjustment. Somewhat annoying.

-
Back