front suspension question

-

prodart340

Reaction score
well the latest project I have under works is replacing the power steering in my '74 swinger with the manual box,column,pitman arm,drag link,and center link from a '69 swinger. When I change this out I will also be using the"c" body tie rod ends and aluminum adjusting sleeves which leads to my question, will I have to ream either the center link and/or the spindles to get this all to fit or will it be a direct bolt in? thanks in advance, mike

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the tapered ball studs are all the same size. Just the shaft diameters are larger on C bodys.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the tapered ball studs are all the same size. Just the shaft diameters are larger on C bodys.

I'll second that.... It should be a drop-in swap. Refer to this link I found on MoParts:

http://www.moparts.com/Tech/Archive/steering/7.html

As much as I dislike dealing with some of the "regulars" that seem to be the core voice on MoParts, there IS a ton of great information in their archives.

thanks redfish, that's what I like about this board,,,,,,,ask a question,go to the kitchen to eat breakfast, and when finished go read a response. this place is great. I posted the exact same question on another board two days ago and still no response

I would have had it posted faster but I had to pour my coffee.... 8)

-
Back