Front suspension set up

-

Duster Drag Car

Reaction score
need to upgrade my front suspension to keep the beast under control.current set up is stock suspension with disc brakes older 3 way adjustable drag shocks 4 inch wide centerlines with 165x80x15 radials that rub the fenderwell headers when turning, note this a 440 car and has 29.5x11.5x15 bias ply slicks in rear, so im thinking of going to 25.5x5x15 bias ply phoenix fx drag tires and a drag shock with a higher collapsed lenghth also a new manual steering gear and wilwood slotted disc brakes and then a professional alignment and have them check the rest of the front end parts which seem ok to me, any combo you guys are running with a big block a body apreciate your input thanks.

Try the tires first. Radial and bias tires on the same vehicle can cause some really funky handling, especially if the suspension has some slop.

If it were me, I'd replace all of the bushings, tie rod ends, idler and pitman arms with OEM grade parts before replacing the steering box (unless you are converting from power). Also, I'm not knocking the Wilwood brakes, but the cost would put them pretty far down my list.

Try the tires first. Radial and bias tires on the same vehicle can cause some really funky handling, especially if the suspension has some slop.

If it were me, I'd replace all of the bushings, tie rod ends, idler and pitman arms with OEM grade parts before replacing the steering box (unless you are converting from power). Also, I'm not knocking the Wilwood brakes, but the cost would put them pretty far down my list.
yes i agree tires first and an alignmet bushings and front end parts seem good no im not converting from power steering its manual and i adjusted it to the max wheel stiil has play ,funky is the word and yes i want to keep the cost down so ill start with tires thanks.

-
Back