front suspension

-
Draw a line from your pinion on the rear end?

Yupp.

File:Ackermann_simple_design.svg

This is a good overview: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

Yes. Major miscommunication.

I still maintain that pointing the stock steering arms forward on opposite sides
of the car for a front steer will make it a very evil handler.

Been there, done that and it doesn't work.

And what happens when you turn the wheel full lock and back up quickly?

To quote Judge Judy, "You're an idiot!"

Simply swapping the lower ball joints side to side (with or without the spindle) makes the ackerman function completely opposite.... the outer wheel will turn GREATER than the inner causing the outer tire to attempt to roll off the rim.

Installing a rack and attempting to attach to the above setup will cause extreme bump steer. Even the slightest suspension travel will cause the tires to toe in or out.

This assembly will bolt up....and can be aligned (as long as the car remains static)......but when it starts rolling, and the suspension / steering starts working / moving, that is when the incorrect geometry takes over.

If ANYONE can (cost effectively) make the above work....their name can only be Houdini.

To quote Judge Judy, "You're an idiot!"
I don't want to embarrass you by your ignorance and I will not resort to juvenile name calling
so pay attention this time.

You CANNOT point the stock steering arms forward and make the car steer anything close
to safely and correctly.

yes, you can.....but it will steer and handle like sh*t

-
Back