Front Tire Rubbing

-

pacuda59

pacuda59
Reaction score
I recently changed my wheels to Cragar SS's 15 x 7 with a 4" backspace. I put 225/60R15 on all 4 corners.
When I turn, it's rubbing in the lower few inches of the fender opening. I'm guessing I need smaller front tires. Any suggestion on size?

Thanks.

I know that a 205 works in a 60/15 on the 15 x 7 rally 4" bs. I had 235 60 r 14's on the car as well and they worked on 14 x 6 rally wheel with no clearance problems.

Just a question do you have adapter plates on the car to go from SBP to LBP or from 5X4" or 5X4.5" That would be your problem if that is the case...Someone had them on my Duster when I bought it and they too rubbed in the same place...Just a thought...Bill

Use a cut off wheel, and nip the portion off where its rubbing. Hit it with a little touch up, and your rolling. Tip: Use some blue painters tape to give you a straight line to cut. You will never know it was touched.

I know that a 205 works in a 60/15 on the 15 x 7 rally 4" bs. I had 235 60 r 14's on the car as well and they worked on 14 x 6 rally wheel with no clearance problems.

Typically 15x7 Cragers have a little less backspacing than a 15x7 Mopar ralley (4.25" backspacing). I thought Cragers were 3.75" backspacing?

clearance will very depending on alignment settings, aftermarket bushing choice, past collision repair, and production tolerances.

Yea, it looks like I went with the wrong size up front.
I'm guessing the 205's are my answer.
The learning curve sucks.

Funny." having same problem with 205/70r14's !

Discover it 30 mins ago on my maiden voyage out of garage.
But my problem may be the adjustable strut rods . I have not done an actual
Alignment yet. Just eyeballed so far.

No... I wasnt going out for a drive...just turning the car around...lol

If you get a chance, snap a picture of your car with those cragars and let us see. I am thinking of getting the same wheels for my Dart.

Funny." having same problem with 205/70r14's !

Discover it 30 mins ago on my maiden voyage out of garage.
But my problem may be the adjustable strut rods . I have not done an actual
Alignment yet. Just eyeballed so far.

No... I wasnt going out for a drive...just turning the car around...lol

I had the front converted to BBP disc and put a new BBP read end on the car this winter. I still haven't had it aligned and I think I'll have that done before I deal with the tire size.

If you get a chance, snap a picture of your car with those cragars and let us see. I am thinking of getting the same wheels for my Dart.

As soon as I get the hose out and wash the winter dust away. It's been a long winter in eastern PA and I'm behind on everything.

-
Back