Front Tires Size

-

440dartsport

Reaction score
I am running Hooker fenderwell headers in my dart sport. I need to get tires for the car soon. I am pretty sure I'm going with M/T's Sportsman S/R tires. 24x5x15. Anything bigger seems like it would touch the headers. What are you fenderwell header guys running?

C'mon people!! NO ONE can help this man out?

I don't know if it's laziness, or if the people are snobs, or if they are just all stupid or what, but the activity around here is pitiful. I belong to another forum where most every thread goes at least a few pages. .

So spill the beans everyone, even if you have no idea what your talking about, we will all learn something!!

And as for the search function, screw it, there is no shortage of room for copys of possibly old threads. NO one wants to spend an hour sifting through old threads when they are looking for insight and knowledge. .

C'mon people!! NO ONE can help this man out?

I don't know if it's laziness, or if the people are snobs, or if they are just all stupid or what, but the activity around here is pitiful. I belong to another forum where most every thread goes at least a few pages. .

So spill the beans everyone, even if you have no idea what your talking about, we will all learn something!!
It seems to me it matters who you are depends on the posts...Sad aint it.

Yea it is, it is also really stupid, as in middle school behavior.

Although there are some good guys out there, I have received some good heal on here.

Yea it is, it is also really stupid, as in middle school behavior.

Although there are some good guys out there, I have received some good heal on here.

Considering this is an A Body forum BB's arent really the big topics. There are guys with BB's but much less common in the A bodies. But the attitude really isnt needed. Be patient things do get answered also remember that fenderwell headers are really narrowing down the the target of this question.

Further more with that kind of attitide it might be great if you would run back to the forum you came from.

But to answer the guys post:

I just saw this post I have 165R15 up front

I'm running the M/T 26 x 7.50 x 15's on my 70 Duster with Pro Parts fender well headers.

I have read that a 24" diameter tire is the max with fenderwell headers. I cant say for sure because I havenet gotten that far with my build yet, but I sure would like to know for sure befor I buy tires. I'm looking at the same M/T tire #6651.

Ted

I cant tell ya what won't rub, but I can tell ya that my 26" sportsmans rub the left tubes, but its a drag car so I'm ok with it, just no hard left turns

I cant tell ya what won't rub, but I can tell ya that my 26" sportsmans rub the left tubes, but its a drag car so I'm ok with it, just no hard left turns

How bad do they rub and is it only sharp left turns? They don't rub on right turns at all? I would like to run 26" tires but I will run 24" if it is best.

How bad do they rub and is it only sharp left turns? They don't rub on right turns at all? I would like to run 26" tires but I will run 24" if it is best.
They rub bad enough that I would think it would be a pain in the arse on the street, and the right side just touches when wheel is turned all the way, as someone else mentioned the back spacing may make a difference, Keep searching I'm sure someone runs these on the street and has figured a way around the rub. Keep us posted as to what you find.

Everyone I race with all have abodies but we all use TTI chassis headers.
I run a 28" tall tire and have no clearance issues.

I don't know how you run a 28" front tire. What model and year? What wheel and offset? What tire size?

I know if I put a 28" tire on the front of my 68 Barracuda the tire would be well into the sheet metal when turning.

-
Back