front wheel inner seal driver ??

-

iw378

Reaction score
Putting new rotors on my 69 barracuda. Anyways it has the bbp disc conversion done on it and I have never seen inner seals like the ones used here. I have a normal set of race and seal drivers but they are flat. Is there a special driver for these seals. tried tapping it in from side to side but it keeps popping out.
Just looking for ideas or tricks for installing these seals without f*(&^%ing them up.

they have a kit you can rent at our local orilly"s ask at your parts house worked great for us just a deposit reqired you get back if tools back on time in good shape G/L

Looks like the one that I have. my seal has a rubber lip that sticks out like a snout. Unless I'm missing something that snout will get beat up when I drive it in ?

my seal has a rubber lip that sticks out like a snout.

Mine are as you describe.

Like these

http://images.stylintrucks.com/product_images/350x350/the_timken_company/tm6840s_5.jpg

Just go to a plumbing store that sells black or galvanized pipe fittings, and find either a cap / coupler or a pipe nipple large enough to go around the seal lip.

You got any large sockets?

How about some hole saws? Take a 2 x 4 preferably hardwood, and cut a hole so the lip will clear, then stack a second 2x on top and beat on that.

I was lucky. I've got a bunch of "special tools" I got in a deal, and some tool I know not what had the perfect size hole

-
Back