Front Wheel Stud

-

jcsquare

Reaction score
I installed front disc brake from a 73-76 Duster on my 72 duster.
Can someone tell me what the factory stud size is? I need to replace the studs to install 17x7 Foose Legend wheels.
The Foose wheels do not fit flush against the front rotors because of the small lip at the base of the factory studs. I hope this make sense
I need to install different studs with the proper knurl but without this lip to get the wheels to fit correctly.

Any help is appreciated.

I suggest knocking one out and taking it to your local auto parts store to match them up. If you have some calipers (the measuring tool, not the brake part) then you can measure the size.

That being said, I have some that I knocked off and I measured it with my caliper and it came out to around .617 to .619 inches.

So these may work for you, but measure to be sure.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-610-290

Ima thinkin you will need to bevel the stud holes in those fancy new wheels. And call the mfg and explain the situation to them. They should probably make a running change in their manufacturing process.
I've sold a lot of studs in 40 years, and I doubt that you can solve it with a stud change.
I could be wrong........

On the otherhand, I suppose you could drive the studs back and install a hardened ring under the heads.If you go that route,then, when you reinstall the studs, try very hard to reengage the previously formed spline grooves. This will insure that the studs will not spin afterwards.
Good luck

Better be dang sure it's the studs and not the center register being too small or you will have a lot more serious problems than that.

-
Back