Front windshield clip question

-

74dart

Reaction score
I looked at a picture of a set of front windshield clips and there are two different types, I was wondering if someone could tell me the difference, also I am wondering if B-body reveal/windshield trim clips work on an a-body.
here is the picture I saw for front clips

1000040A.jpg

I got front and rear sets from ebay for the Cuda. Just installed them with no issues. That pic is probably generic for the auction. Mine are all the same size but different from the photo. I'm pretty sure a-bodies use the same clips. You can confirm with the vendor too.

I can tell you the ones I got from a supplier in AZ, can't think of his name right now, were junk. The guy did admit to there being troubles with them & refunded my money. Did not hold the trim on correctly. Luckily the glass had to come back out as it was leaking any a friend had a bunch of new ones laying around from years gone by...

The correct chip is a shorter clip than what was used by both Ford and Chevy.
There was a period when one just couldn't find the right clips of our cars.
I bought the only ( taller ) clip available and removed some material from the bottom of them so they sit the correct height on my a-body.
Pics and details in a thread here about 2 years ago.
A vendor like RT Specialties may charge a little more but you will likely get the correct parts. Ebay sellers will poke sht in a sock and label it a-body..

-
Back