Frozen lines and bleeder screw on KH brakes.

-

LovetheA's

Reaction score
Holy cow! What a son of a b**ch. I’m redoing the suspension on my dart and while it’s apart I decided to upgrade/replace any rusty lines parts on my front manual KH disks. I’m replacing my jumper tube and caliper transfer tube and figured I’d loosen up the bleeder screw for later to bleed brakes. Those parts are frozen as hell. After taping with hammer heating with torch tons of PB blaster finally got the bleeder screw loose. But it looks like I’ll need a new one. I had to file the nut area down to accept a smaller wrench when I stripped it with the 3/8 inch. Does it make sense to put anti seize on all the parts that I’m replacing and grease threads on caliper mounting bolts etc when reassembling? I want to be able to take things off if needed in the future but don’t want things to loosen while on car.
Carl

4E6576F7-F71F-4356-8D8A-355CEB6D00CD.jpeg

After what you've been through I'd put a little never seize on the threads. After bleeding I try to get all the fluid out of the bleeder before putting the rubber cap on it. A piece of paper towel twisted into the hole does a good job. This'll keep the inside of the bleeder in better condition 'till the next time you need to bleed them.

Does it make sense to put anti seize on all the parts that I’m replacing and grease threads on caliper mounting bolts etc when reassembling?

I think so. I use Never-seez on anything threaded and exposed to the elements.

Anti-sieze helps. Just dont put it anywhere it can get into the brake fluid.
Slide nut back and a thin film on tube so it wont stick to nut.
Have had many fights with stuck bleeders and line fittings.

Lots of your favorite solvent and plenty of patience is your friend. Ill usually spray the heck out of anything I'm going to diassemble days ahead of doing the work.

And here's another vote for Never Seize...

Lots of your favorite solvent and plenty of patience is your friend. Ill usually spray the heck out of anything I'm going to diassemble days ahead of doing the work.

And here's another vote for Never Seize...
Thank you everyone for the advice. Another problem solved. Quick question what is a vacuum cap and where can I get them for the bleeder screws. At the local parts store?

Thank you everyone for the advice. Another problem solved. Quick question what is a vacuum cap and where can I get them for the bleeder screws. At the local parts store?

The package of assorted rubber caps that are used to cap off vacuum nipple and such!! There's usually a couple of every size, and about 6 different sizes in a package!!

-
Back