frustrated

-

Mick Semantel

Reaction score
I'm in the process of extracting a broken dipstick tube out of my 360. I have most of the problem taken care of. Then, I put the new one in. I try and give it a subtle little bend to get it out of the way of the alternator. Then the damn thing snaps at the base. I'm so frustrated...I want to punch the wall and hurt people.

The first one was, then I wanted to put some bling on it and went with a chrome mopar tube on. Oh well, it's amazing what a couple of beers will do to calm a person down. I'm glad I found a speed shop in my town. I'll pick a new one up on saturday.

Are you doing this in the car ? Can you open the hole a bit with a round file ?

I would recommend on NOT using a chrome one. For some reason the dipsticks don't like to stay seated with them. Mine keeps lifting up an inch or so. No, the motor's fresh as a daisy and has 5% leakdown numbers. Then I saw a post about it on Moparts and a bunch of people were saying the same thing. I know I'll never buy another one.

In my garage I have a door that goes to a small closet where my water heater is. Near the top of this door is a funny hole shaped just like a pair of pliars. :scratch: I think it had something to do with putting headers on the 75 but I am kind of fuzzy on the details.

I think I will get some spray paint and just put a bullseye there. It's better that repairing drywall.

After going through 2 of the chrome mopar tubes which leaked even with aviation permatex on them, I popped for the expensive Milodon piece whick is flexible and has solved the problem. I think I paid $50 for it but it is much better than the original tube.

great, I'll try the miloden tube. I am also going to try and file the dip dtick tube a little bigger. And yes, the motor is still out of the car.

-
Back