FS: 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger 318/904 For Sale ($9,000 obo)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekSolomon

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey all, I'm selling my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger, located in Southern California (Santa Clarita). It's been recently gone over by the great folks at Motech. I'd like to keep it, but finances and other priorities mean that it has to go. I'm asking $9,000, but feel free to make me an offer if you are interested.

Here are the main features:

1. Mild 318 cubic inch V8. It has a Holley 650cfm four barrel carb, and an Edelbrock Performer intake manifold. The rest of the engine is stock.
2. Torqueflite 904 automatic transmission.
3. Power steering.

Here are some of the things I have recently repaired / replaced, along with some nice aspects of the car:

1. New 17in aluminum wheels.
2. New tires, in excellent condition.
3. Valve covers, intake and exhaust manifolds have all been resealed. No leaks!
4. New waterpump.
5. New mini high-torque starter.
6. New power steering pump reservoir.
7. New KYB shocks at all 4 corners.
8. New thermostat.
9. All new belts and hoses.
10. Radiator has been flushed with new fresh coolant.
11. Transmission flushed.
12. Oil and filter change.
13. Fuel filter change.
14. Recently replaced the pitman arm to improve steering.

This car is a great driver. It has a lot of potential, if you are interested in restoring it. There are no rust problems. I believe this to be a California original car. I've driven it regularly on the freeway, and it cruises at 70 with no trouble. The steering is especially tight and stable. Coupled with the new wheels and wide tires, the car is dead stable at freeway speeds. The interior is very clean, with no rips or tears in the vinyl interior or carpet. The headliner is almost perfect, with some minor seams pulling loose in a couple spots. The dash is complete, and there is some minor wrinkling/cracks of the dash pad foam in the driver/passenger corners. Otherwise, the interior shows extremely well.

I've taken this classic cruiser to a few car shows, and it always gets a lot of positive attention! It's a sweet looking Mopar coupe with the correct V8 rumble, priced in what is now Mustang 6 cylinder territory. You get an honest muscle era car with the right number of cylinders, new wheels and tires, and the body is straight with all the trim. It makes a great weekend cruiser, and is comfortable enough to take the whole family out on weekends. There's more room in the back seat than either a Mustang or Camaro, yet is easy to drive and park. It has a small block, but there is a ton of potential here.

Here is a Picasa link to more pictures, that cover every angle of the car:

https://picasaweb.google.com/derek998/1971DodgeDartClassifiedAd?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCJvR0azqxbLBKQ&feat=directlink

Issues:

1. The paint. Although the car shows very well in pictures, the paint job is poor quality. You will see a lot of orange peel, and some drips in the finish. Also, the orange paint is on top of a previous respray (darker red), and is chipping in some places near the body trim. Examine the pictures closely to see what I'm talking about. I'll be happy to take more pictures of a certain area, if you are concerned about this issue.

2. Scratches. There are a few pretty good sized scratches around the car. The biggest one is right next to the gas filler cap (about 12 inches long). There are other minor dents that the car has picked up over the years.

3. The carburetor accelerator pump stopped working. This simply means that when the car is cold, I have to give it a shot of starter fluid. I'm working on resolving this issue this week, but I wanted you to be aware of it in case you come to see the car immediately after I post this ad. Otherwise, the car starts when warm and drives just fine.

Overall, I've had a lot of fun with this car. I had some big plans about restoring/modifying it, but at this time I need to focus on paying bills and clearing out my toys. Please feel free to study the pictures and ask me any questions. I'm open to reasonable offers, and am also willing to work with you to see the car and examine it in person. Thanks!

Here are some shots of the car below. I strongly suggest you click on the Picasa link to see about 200 large hi-res pictures of every angle of the car.

-Derek Solomon

Attachments

• Ad101.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 6,108
  • Ad102.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 2,609
  • Ad103.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 9,690
  • Ad104.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 1,906
Hey all,

I'm reducing the asking price to $8,000 obo. Located in Santa Clarita, California. I'm open to offers, so let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

-Derek Solomon
:cheers:

Nice looking A. looks good with the Rock Shop backdrop.

Hey Dart4forte, thanks for the comment! Yeah, there are a couple photo guys that hang out on Mulholland Hwy, taking shots for you. I ride a motorcycle too, so it's nice to get some good shots of your various rides.

-Derek

Wow - coming from someone that got seriously yanked in a bad EBAY deal, you're honesty about the car's flaws is really refreshing. Wish you great luck with the sale, it's a sweat car. Must be hard to part with.

Thanks for the kind responses!

JPACK:

Thanks for the note. I'm willing to work with potential buyers on coordinating with a shipper. I purchased a bike from Boston a couple years ago, and it was a great experience. I like the fact that I was able to get exactly what I was looking for. It helps tremendously if the seller is honest and gives straight answers too. I have a prospective buyer in NC and the shipping quotes are running between $850 and $1,100. Just fyi.

JABDUSTY57:

Hey, yes I hate it when a deal goes bad on ebay. I have found a lot of really honest people, though, and it's nice when a deal works for both the buyer and seller. This has been a really fun car, but I'm going to clear out all extraneous items right now, and just focus on some core family responsibilities. It is a fun car, but for me if I'm going to plan in the future to invest serious money in a restoration, it would have to be a car other than a 1971 Dart. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not my dream machine. My kids absolutely love it, though. The bench seat and interior room make a big difference if you want to carry the family to a car show.

StokerScamp:

Thanks for the response.

Current price is $8,000 obo. I'm looking to show it this weekend. If anybody has any questions or needs more information, please feel free to let me know. Otherwise, I hope you all have a great weekend!

-Derek

Hey Derek,
Sorry to see you're selling the Dart. Give us a call if you need anything.

For anyone looking at Derek's Dart: It is very rust free and straight. Along with the items he mentioned, we also did axle bearings. If anyone is interested they can call us, as we know the car fairly well.

GLWS!
-Chris @ Motech

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back