FS: 1976 Feather Duster/ Dart Lite trunk lid $75

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Trunk lid for a 1976 Feather Duster or Dart Lite. Yellow in color, minor surface rust, no dents.

Parts located in Portland, or. I can ship, but I am not sure what shipping will cost.

$75 obo.

I beleive the frame under the trunk and the hood is aluminum. The top skin is steel. 75.00 is a good price.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 359
Yep, Steel skin on aluminum bracing.. Very light! (Doesn't break my back to carry the sucker.)

I will clean it up and take a picture to post tomorrow.

Here's a bunch of pictures of the trunk lid:

I tried to take pics of all the rust spots (just surface).. Theirs a few spots along the edge, and a couple on the outer skin (I don't believe there is any rust on the underside).

You can see a few pinkish squares on one side of the hood... This was left behind by some post-it notes that were left on it while it was out in the sun (I bought it at a swap meet). The color leached onto the trunk, and I am sure it is easily removable with the right chemical.

I'm 99% sure it has no dents. The sides are curved, but I believe that's just the way the car is shaped.

I'll take it if you're 100% certain it has the aluminum under bracing and we could figure out shipping to Marquette, MI 49855. Greyhound would probably be the easiest/cheapest method.

I'll take it if you're 100% certain it has the aluminum under bracing and we could figure out shipping to Marquette, MI 49855. Greyhound would probably be the easiest/cheapest method.

How do I know for certain if it has the aluminum bracing? I am fairly certain (I bought it from a Mopar parts dealer, and he said it did.), but would like to be 100% sure before I send it away.

- I weighed the hood, It weighs 30lbs. I checked with Greyhound, and it would cost $68 to ship it.

How do I know for certain if it has the aluminum bracing? I am fairly certain (I bought it from a Mopar parts dealer, and he said it did.), but would like to be 100% sure before I send it away.

- I weighed the hood, It weighs 30lbs. I checked with Greyhound, and it would cost $68 to ship it.

check it with a magnet, it won't stick to aluminum:read2:

A magnet is the easiest way. Magnets will not stick to aluminum.

Sounds fair to me!

8)

Greyhound finally called me and I met the incoming bus on it's 20 minute layover here.
Apparently the Marquette terminal will no longer ship or accept Greyhound freight, which is the dumbest thing ever. Instead they reroute the packages to Escanaba, MI which is an hour drive south of here!
Would be nice if they told the shipper that at time of shipment.
Thankfully I got a cool driver who called me to set up a meet time (2:15am!). I work overnights and my lunch is from 2:00-3:00am and the terminal is about 1/2 mile from my employer so it really ended up great.

The deck lid is in fantastic shape.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back