fuel fill tube vent orientation

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
Guys i need help .... brain fart .... i just replaced my fuel tank fill nozzle trunk floor gasket ... the vent tube ... does it go through gasket and sit on under side of trunk floor ?.... the reason i ask ,, is that rubber gasket did not have a provision for the tube to fit through the grommet hole ... only the fill tube ?... also does anybody have a breather tube they can part with that is not bent ?... THANKS

For my 67, the gasket does not have a small notch for the vent tube, but the vent tube is pressed right against the filler tube, so it all goes down through the one hole.

My 69 has a separate hole the vent tube pokes through to under the car.

Thats what i thought .. the reproduction seal does not have the vent tube access ,,,, THanks

Mine is original, I'll try and get a shot of it tomorrow "in the light of day."

Pictures would definately help ... I appreciate all the help .... thanks guys

Well LOL I hope you appreciate this. Went out with a pair of penlights. Biggest problem is getting the camera far enough away, as it was up against the top of the trunk. So far as I know this is an original 67. The orientation is as you would look in from the rear, you can see the vent is in the driver side front of the gasket

IMG_1396cs.JPG

This is right out of the shop manual which jives with the photo

2cmugso.jpg

I see it now .... Dam it.... did not pay close enough attention.... but recall now on reproduction seal there was a not completely punched out round recess that i thought was a spot for another screw for a different body .... CRAP... oh well .... i will put it in now due to leaving it out until a got a little info.. THANKS AGAIN for the shop manual illustration ..

Tried again. Turns out my "point and shoot" was better suited because in "macro" setting it would focus closer than the SL-1

IMG_0212cs.JPG

-
Back