Fuel filter location

-
So you are saying the fuel filter was under the car somewhere between the tank and fuel pump ?

As shown in the post above the filter was in the rubber line between the engine end of the metal fuel line and the nipple on the fuel pump. The filter in the photo is farther forward than the original - a smart move with the forward header pipe closer than the cast manifold and rear facing exhaust pipe. It's how every V8 70 Dart came from the factory (don't know about /6 cars). The original filter was a plastic case see through style (I think for initial diagnostics), which was then replaced at the dealership with a metal case one.

Dodge 1970 FSM
upload_2021-4-7_8-37-12.png

upload_2021-4-7_8-39-16.png

upload_2021-4-7_8-39-46.png

As shown in the post above the filter was in the rubber line between the engine end of the metal fuel line and the nipple on the fuel pump. The filter in the photo is farther forward than the original - a smart move with the forward header pipe closer than the cast manifold and rear facing exhaust pipe. It's how every V8 70 Dart came from the factory (don't know about /6 cars). The original filter was a plastic case see through style (I think for initial diagnostics), which was then replaced at the dealership with a metal case one.

If you are referring to post 25 that shows the fuel filter before the fuel pump, that is "not" how they came from the factory. 70 or any other year. The fuel filter was always installed "after" the fuel pump, or in between the fuel pump and carb. The pics in post 27 show how they came from the factory. I have never seen a fuel filter installed between the tank and fuel pump from the factory.

-
Back