Fuel grade and Compression ratio

-

Realest

gearhead 4 life
Reaction score
just wondering what compression ratio everyone has chosen and what grade of fuel you are running with that ratio.

10.54 - 1, zero deck (KB107030) piston a .030 in a 360 with Edel. heads and a Fel-Pro gasket @ .039 thick.
Runs on 93 best. Largest cam in it at the time was a Purple 292. No problems. Good quench, no pings.
RPM air-gap/750 Carter, hooker super comps.

The combo of compresion and cam can allow higher ratio's. Quenched engines can nudge it higher.

-11.1 compression 340 w/ .508 MP Purple cam

-I run 110 racing fuel since there's a pump w/in 20min of my house but it will live on 93+ a can of good Octane Boost.

10.9 to 1 416 stroker edelbrock heads .533/.552 lunati cam mixture of 93 and 110,is what she likes best..

$4.59....damn I paid $6.40 a gallon the other day and that was the cheapest I could find around me.

110 at 4.59 a gallon,i wish i was paying that much,its 7.35 a gallon at the track...

$4.59 gal? which brand? because that is almost wholesale cost on a gal of 110 of Sunoco. Which is what I run and it is $6.25 gal for my 14:1

Chuck

Cheapest local (Boise) price on 110 is $4.26. Being thats airplane gas there's technically an issue with road use taxes if you run it on the street. Oh, and then there's the fact that it is leaded.

Some small town airports may still let you fill a car at the pump, but cans are easier.

Cheapest local (Boise) price on 110 is $4.26. Being thats airplane gas there's technically an issue with road use taxes if you run it on the street. Oh, and then there's the fact that it is leaded.

I am betting it isn't 110 octane. Anything over 100 is very difficult to find although not impossible. Avgas isn't the same as race fuel and some work is required to get maximum results from it but will not equal race gas. Here is a link to an article about it from a non-biased person that sells both avgas and race gas.

http://www.osbornauto.com/racing/race2avgas.htm

Chuck

WHAT??? It is $6.35 around here. Where do you live?

Kalamazoo, MI. If you get of US 131 on the D Ave exit just south of US 131 Dragway it's in the back of the Citgo station. It's there since it close to the track. There's a hand written sign on the pump advising that it's "unlawful" to fuel up directly into a vehicle and that you either need a can or the vehicle needs to be on a trailer but for some reason I just forget that the signs there sometimes...:-\"

-
Back