Fuel line for 62 Lancer

-

DART66GT

62 Lancer GT - B Body 8 3/4
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Another in a long line of fuel system question s. Thanks for your patience! My car was completely disassemble d when I got it. So today I installed the fuel line that came with it looks good on the engine end. But the tank end terminates just before the front leaf shackle. It had hose clamped on it. But the end of the steel line was jagged with no flare. There is still 3 feet to get to tank and I see a clip along the way. Was the steel longer? Or 2 pieces? How long should the flexible line be?

Thanks again for your patience!

Are you doing a 100% concourse restoration where you are judged on every bolt, nut, clip, wheel bearing, dash knob, piece of weather strip, tire size and tread pattern, lug nut, head lite screw, wire on the backside of the radio, carpet weave, factory gear lube etc etc etc is used ??

If so, you need to consult the fsm, l guess.
If you are wanting to drive the damn thing, put a hose on it.
Just be sure to use 2 clamps on each end. Place the tightening screws "opposite " each other to ensure a leak proof joint.

Hope this helps.
Damn.

It's been a while but we used to use brake line for fuel line, any problem with new gas?

I would think you are missing a section of hard line (maybe due to rusted line?). Normally only a small piece of hose is used between the line and the tank (along with the ground strap).

It's been a while but we used to use brake line for fuel line, any problem with new gas?

Yes. Use hose "engineered " for ethanol.
Hose from 10 years ago will degrade and cause problems.
" todays" hose will handle "yesterday's " fuel.
But not Visa- versa.
"Progress" , " Gov. " , "just the way it is " ??

You youngns' figure it out.
I figured it out long ago.

I don't like running long lengths of rubber hose. You can get straight tubing at an auto parts store and extend metal back to the tank. You can use a fitting to join them or just use a short length of tubing.

-
Back