Fuel Line Replacement Etc

-

wirenut

Reaction score
Good evening all,
I want to replace the fuel line on my 65. I want to leave the existing (5/16?) and use it for a return, and run a new 3/8 for supply. I'm sure many here have done this and I'm a firm believer in benefiting from the experience of others. so here are some questions perhaps some others have conquered.
There dosnt seem to be much room to run along side the existing, so I thought I would run it along the floor just inside (toward the tunnel) of the seat brackets maybe even using them for support, and going forward drill through the t-bar support and then follow the 5/16. pretty much the same thing going back to the tank.

I would normaly but 5' lengths of tubing or does anyone know of a source for longer STRAIGHT lenghts?

Has any one set up a return line, ie; metering block so to speak? What did you use, keep in mind low buck, unobtrusive.

Economical fuel pump recommendation?

Pick up/sending unit solution, resonable priced? The unit is fairly new I was thinking of drilling it and soldering in a second line? Ever see those filler/soldering rods at the swap meets? Think I could use that?

Sorry for the long wind.
G

I wouldn't run the fuel line inside, it won't pass tech unless they have changed things, it just isn't safe.

The first car I did this to, I bought the bulk Moroso rolled aluminum line from a speed warehouse. Jegs is bound to have it.

More recently, I have been buying the preformed ones from "fine lines" but they are pretty pricey and the shipping is pretty strong also. I have also been buying those 3/8 fuel tank senders, on Ebay.

Do you want to go mechanical, or electric? I used to run twin Holley blue pumps, but that is ancient tech now. I am running the Carter mechanical race pump on my Barracuda now, and it needs regulated down.

Hope this helps you some.

It does thanks. My intention was under not in the car? Can you get the roll line straight? Without a bunch of woops in it?

-
Back