Fuel Pressure Regulator

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have the Holley in-tank FI pump with the built in pressure regulator and no return line in prep to run the Sniper. Prior to installing the Sniper, I am planning breaking the not yet assembled engine (273/235) in with a carb. Is there a fuel pressure regulator that drops the FI pressure of the 60 PSI down to what a carb would use?

nope, it will not work that way

it if were me, id hook up a mechanical fuel pump to the engine and see if that will draw through the electric fuel pump
if it wont, just grab a 2 gallon gas can and draw from there, shouldnt be an issue if it is only for freak in

Gallon jug above carb with its own line from it. Pull fuse on pump. Have an extinguisher ready in case.

Gallon jug above carb with its own line from it. Pull fuse on pump.

the pump is to be powered by the Sniper’s dedicated pump harness through a relay in my fuse and relay center. The Relay will be protected by a separate fuse

I have the Holley in-tank FI pump with the built in pressure regulator and no return line in prep to run the Sniper. Prior to installing the Sniper, I am planning breaking the not yet assembled engine (273/235) in with a carb. Is there a fuel pressure regulator that drops the FI pressure of the 60 PSI down to what a carb would use?
Yes.
This is the one I am using.

Screenshot_20220325-201524_DuckDuckGo.jpg

you can use a bypass regulator to go from 60 psi to 6 psi but a return line is needed .

-
Back